Best Project

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario

Cat 310 #1 & Benny17441

Any chance of some photos of the Helm seats you put in. I'm looking at doing the same.

Cheers
2 Old Pirates ;)

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Nice Job on the bow thruster! looks like a lot of work!

Aug 2, 2009
Catalina 315 Muskegon
Didn't do much this past season, but I did change the single line, in-boom reefing system to a two line outside-boom reefing system on my Catalina 28. Wow, reefing is so easy now.

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
Picture is attached. Went with the "high end" seat and Outdoor World Marine hardware from Bass Pro. Used a starboard backing plate for the base but not really sure that was necessay because the fiberglass is pretty thick and strong there. Biggest trick to get the right height for the post so that your able to see while seated. They have adjustable posts but i went with a screw-in nonadjustable and it took me two tries to get the correct height. Total cost was $125. Well worth it - love the seat!

Attachments

SFS

Aug 18, 2015
Currently Boatless Okinawa
Nice looking seat, but I'm really curious - where (or on what) do you put your feet?

May 2, 2012
Catalina 310 Toronto, Ontario
Thanks Cat 310 #1 looks good. I'm going try and set mine up so I can remove it so I can get access to the ladder and transom.
SFS ....... CAT 310 uses Harley cruising pedals ......... lol.

Cheers
2 Old Pirates

Jan 17, 2013
Catalina 310 St. Simons Island, GA
SFS - I am 6 ft tall so my feet touch the base below the chair. But I usually swing from one side to the other and rest my dogs on the seats on either side while leaning back in the chair. Key is to mount the seat as far forward as possible so you can swivel it without hitting the stern rail. Mine does this fine. But I do remove the chair when using the stern ladder to access the dinghy.

MitchM

Jan 20, 2005
Nauticat 321 pilothouse 32 Erie PA
i am embarrassed to say that i spent most of the rainy cold short boat year building a chesapeake light craft eastport pram at home as a dinghy for the boat. (it's quite an enjoyable project . check out their 'boat bazaar' for ones that people have already built and are selling so they can build something else....) i still have to mount its davits. we did put a canvas dog gate of sunbrella onto the boat dock-side so the little devil couldn't scamper off and visit her dock friends.

Oct 17, 2011
Catalina 310 USA
OOOPS, I forgot I added new speakers under the perch seats and a new stereo receiver also. Also added a bilge pump switch again-re-replacement.
Like KZW said "BREAK OUT ANOTHER THOUSAND"
we are in fresh water and have GEL Batteries and we stay plugged in most of the time.
any challenges with replacing the stereo receiver? This is on my winter list.

thanks,

Oct 3, 2011
No, not really, I also had a CD player that came with the boat and I wanted that gone. I got the Receiver at Walmart- $98. that also played CDs and had blue tooth, inputs for Aux ETC.
It was more work pulling the CD player than installing the receiver. once I pulled the previous receiver out.
I got a JVC and removed a SONY- Sony was easier to program, but JVC works with Pandora, blue tooth, Iheart radio, Ipod and IPhone also our Android and SPOTIFY which we use a lot.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
It has been a busy year for me.
  1. Rerigged the mast. New standing rigging, ran halyards inside the mast, New LED lighting, New VHF/AIS antenna and coax, lowered the radar 3 feet to install rigging for planned cutter stay.
  2. New Hot Water Tank. well insulated tank keeps water hot for 24 hours. Great to wake to hot water from the previous days engine run.
  3. New Wallas Diesel heater install.
It was wonderful to be on the boat with the temps in the 30's and the cabin about 68. Especially as the wind whipped through the rigging there was no slap slap slap of the halyards. Yeah for me.

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
No, not really, I also had a CD player that came with the boat and I wanted that gone. I got the Receiver at Walmart- $98. that also played CDs and had blue tooth, inputs for Aux ETC.
It was more work pulling the CD player than installing the receiver. once I pulled the previous receiver out.
I got a JVC and removed a SONY- Sony was easier to program, but JVC works with Pandora, blue tooth, Iheart radio, Ipod and IPhone also our Android and SPOTIFY which we use a lot.
Likewise. I had an old Sony with a wired remote in the cockpit and a CD changer in a bin. Harder to remove the old stuff than install the new unit. I also have to fill holes in the 'glas when I take out the remote. The new Alpine has an RF remote.

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
We only had a few simple projects like replacing all the running rigging, and some decorative work. My favorite and most rewarding projects were install all new LED cabin light fixtures, clean the hull, and VC-17M the hull.

LED Cabin Lights.jpg Clean the Hull.jpg VC-17M The Hull.jpg

Lot's more planned for new season in 2017, like upgrades to nav lights, mast wiring, port-light replacements, and anti-skid topside paint.

Dec 16, 2011
Catalina 310 Atlantic Highlands
Installing the water heater bypass to make it easier to winterize the fresh water system (and to use fewer gallons of antifreeze).

Oct 3, 2011
Curt, You had a BIG list-Did you get it done?
In Maine NY we must party differently.. "Can I get you another shot of VC17"?
After 3 shots of VC17 do clothes start to fall off? :biggrin: LOL!