Best Place for a Bilge Pump on a Catalina 25.

Jan 10, 2018
Catalina 25 Lake Lanier
Hi... I am new here and I bought a Catalina 25 a year ago. I've wanted to install an electric bilge pump but I am not sure where. I seem to get water in between the different "ribs" in the bottom of the boat. Does the Cat 25 have a "lowest" spot that I can put the bilge pump to get out ALL the water? -Thanks!

Apr 5, 2009
Catalina '88 C30 tr/bs Oak Harbor, WA
My previous boat was a C25 with a swing keel and there was no single low spot. There are a couple of shallow recesses but as you say then are divided by ribs without limber holes. I did not have any leaks and had no bilge pump installed because I mostly trailer sailed it. When it was moored I would check to see if I had any water every time I went to the boat but that would just result in removing the cobwebs. If you have a section that collects water or just want an electric pump for emergencies, I would place it in the deepest section and any significant flow of water would overflow into it.
BTW there is no such thing as a bilge pump that "get out ALL the water". They all leave at least 1/2" of water under them.

Jul 14, 2015
Catalina 30 Stillhouse Hollow Marina
Loved my c25. Leaks are almost always attributed to water from rain. Find where it is coming from and stop it there. Sprinkling baby powder akways worked for me.

Jan 24, 2018
Catalina 25 Whiskeytown Lake
JohnVYX: I’m a newbie to the Cat 25 and curious about using baby powder to find leaks. How does that work? Thanks!