Beneteau 40CC Emergency Tiller

Feb 26, 2017
Beneteau 40CC St Lucia
Please would someone send me a picture, as I've lost mine and need to have a new one manufactured. Thanks.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
I have never seen an OEM emergency tiller that was optimum. They are too small. If I lost mine I would have a new one fabricated that was taller and provided more leverage. Running control lines to winches seem to work best. Take a measurement on the rudder-top fitting (typically square) and go from there.

Feb 26, 2017
Beneteau 40CC St Lucia
Thanks for your advice. I've been thinking that way myself, but just wanted to see what the original looked like.

Stauff

Jul 3, 2016
Hunter 410 Brunswick
Hey Tony, I have what I believe is the original on my 2000 400CC. I will send you a photo when I am back on the boat in 10 days if you would like. I can say it is plenty beefy I can assure you! I would say it is at least 1 1/2" diameter tubing, weighs about 15 lbs and is about 2 1/2 feet tall and 2 feet in horizontal length. In other words, it is roughly a 4 1/2 foot piece of tube with around a 110 degree bend. Simple except for the end which inserts into the hull fitting.

Do you have davits or an arch on your boat?

Jay

Feb 26, 2017
Beneteau 40CC St Lucia
Thanks for your response - thanks for sending the pictures after you get back aboard. Yes, I have both an arch and davits. Cheers.

Stauff

Jul 3, 2016
Hunter 410 Brunswick
Was or is your boat advertised for sale? I have seen one advertised in St. Lucia for a while that looks very nicely equipped.
What type of davits and arch is on your 40CC? Any thoughts you could share on either? Is your arch mounted through the top of the teak toe rail at both the front and aft arch supports? Is it an Atlantic arch in the box model or custom? My boat is in Simpson Bay Lagoon this season. Are you going to be in the neighborhood anytime? Cheers, Jay

Feb 26, 2017
Beneteau 40CC St Lucia
HI, yes my boat has been for sale, but is now sold and is on it's way to Miami now. I'm getting the information for the new owner. My davits are unique - I'll attach a pic for you.

Sorry, the boat is going direct to Miami with probably only a couple of stops, the first in Puerto Rico.
tmp_25843-1050082-1575268513.jpg
tmp_25843-1050082-1575268513.jpg