Belize on a Leopard 45

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
having some disagreements with SunSail on when we can leave tomorrow - they have different ideas than the sales people
I am sure they just want to test out all the features of your boat, to make sure they are safe:waycool:

Have fun.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Stay tuned for the exciting all out knock-down battle with the dock master as to when “we” take possession. Seems the sales team promised more than the remote dock team thinks is their normal.

It’s a problem when buyers ask questions and get answers that not all the charter team have received as instructions. It might be the Moorings and SunSail merger has different operating procedures. Some how it will work out. At least we are on a first name basis with Dillon. The South African Sunsail manager.

A new day dawns down here in the tropics. It surprises me how fast the sun appears and rises into the sky. Less than 30 minutes ago it was a sliver above the water. Now it is a beacon lighting the patio like a spotlight. Light breeze today out of the east. Ripples of water, wavelets really break on the beach. Rain last night. Scattered clouds to the north and south this morning.

I like this time of day.

May 25, 2012
john alden caravelle 42 sturgeon bay, wis
good luck to you guys, think of what John Paul Jones would do ................

............. 'but sir, i have not yet begun to fight' .........

Oct 22, 2014
Orientation starts at 9am. We got to pack up and shift our gear from the condo to the boat at noon. The girls are going grocery shopping for odds and ends they think we might need. Les and I appear to have been dinner for a flock of no-see-ems. They leave welts and an annoying itch. We must have looked like ‘sweet white meat’ to these local bugs. The ladies appear to have been spared. Is that what is called ‘taking one for the team’?

We had a gourmet dinner last night. Nut encrusted snapper and saucy grilled prawns at the Maya Beach Hotel & Bistro. A terrific last meal before going to sea. If you ever wander this way it is a must stop and dine spot. Amazing.

Oct 22, 2014
As we work on final prep a concern has been raised. Will we have enough on the boat to drink? Certainly one must question the amount of medicinal liquid being carried, gin, tonic and lime fight malaria dengue fever and scurvy. Do we have enough? Water. You thought I meant GTL.

Perhaps another gallon or two would be wise.

Oct 22, 2014
Send your day and hour best guess and a check to join the pool. We promise to include your entry.

Heck this could be better than a go fund me account.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Certainly one must question the amount of medicinal liquid being carried, gin, tonic and lime
I predict you will be the healthiest crew in the whole Caribee'.
Run out? Not salty veteran sailors like yourselves. You know how to supply. You'll have just enough left to bring some duty free home with you.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 22, 2014
Day break off Lark Cay. About 7 nm west Placencia Belize.
3660F3BF-E086-45E4-A48F-3A67911CB160.jpeg

Cooks shared the makings of wonderful coffee, eggs, bacon. (Everything is better with bacon). Toast. So good when you have generator and 110 to run the kitchen appliances.

Once the Captain had coffee we headed out skirting the shoals, turning, raising the sails, and running north up the inner channel to Lagoon Cay. Rumors that Manatee were seen there.
4A77AF31-81E0-461A-A33D-6FC0022AD8F0.jpeg

Oct 22, 2014
We are now in the Pelican Cayes. A small groups of several islands. We are up near North East Cay. On one of the 3 mooring buoys. Out the back window is Hideaway Cay.
The island is owned by Dustin and Kim. Formerly from Florida. They wanted to parley their live-aboard life style into something more. Their home and bar built on a mangrove island they live and share a simple life with guests. Even an Air B&B hut is now available. Dustin makes a run of 9 miles twice a week in his open boat for supplies. He transported all his building supplies that way.

We had a great meal of fresh caught snapper washed down by a couple of his own concocted Rum Punches.
A great way to spend an evening.
6E855599-CA46-4268-BBA9-B65BC50FBC88.jpeg

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
For NZ$518 per night, the family that owns Hideaway Caye will host you on their mangrove island. They'll cook and clean for you, and encourage snorkelling, fishing and enjoying drinks from the bar. "The veranda is furnished with a large hammock and mahogany chairs to relax and enjoy the Caribbean breeze", they reckon.
https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/4232..._impression_id=p3_1559213754_wx/JXorFXecxHtpl

I'm so jealous right now :sosad:.

-Will (Dragonfly)

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
For NZ$518 per night, the family that owns Hideaway Caye will host you on their mangrove island. They'll cook and clean for you, and encourage snorkelling, fishing and enjoying drinks from the bar. "The veranda is furnished with a large hammock and mahogany chairs to relax and enjoy the Caribbean breeze", they reckon.
https://www.airbnb.co.nz/rooms/4232913?guests=1&adults=1&sl_alternate_dates_exclusion=true&source_impression_id=p3_1559213754_wx/JXorFXecxHtpl

I'm so jealous right now :sosad:.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Had dinner there last night. Very tasty $22 dinner $4/drink (USD) Great people!

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
How did you pass the Barrier Reef? Under sail?

Who is the drunk Captain?
Jim...