Bed hardware for double berth in main salon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 30, 2011
Catalina 309 Toronto
Hello

With my boat 2006 Catalina 309 I received a bag of blocks, clamps and a large cushion, one half of which has a plywood base. Does anyone know how to install?

Presumably table top drops down and becomes base held up by blocks....but where should I place blocks? Also, not sure table is long enough, which is why the cushion has half of it backed with solid wood?

Thank you!

Apr 8, 2008
Catalina 309 Stafford
Bed hardware

The table top, which is stowed on the stbd side in the aft cabin, is used to make up the bed in the main salon. First remove the cocktail table from the post along with the long post (Aluminum tube) secured to the fitting on deck. There is a shorter post, mine was in the Stbd forward locker, that post fits in the deck fitting. The table should have a fitting that will go on top of the post. When you put it on the post there should be a gap between the forward bulkhead and the end off the table. The table should also rest on the cleats located on the side of the couch and aft portion of the couch. Be sure it is resting on the cleats! The table is now level with the couch.
The Cushion with the plywood inside is placed onto the table with the plywood covering the gap between the forward bulkhead and the table top. The plywood should rest on a cleat that is on the forward bulkhead. It is important to make sure the table top is supported by the cleats, if not you will break the fitting on the table top. I had to replace the fitting that was on the table top because it's not solid wood but made of particle board. I hope this helps.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.