Battery Charger

thaeni

Sep 28, 2008
Hunter 33.5 Chicago
I have a 1992 33.5 with the original battery charger. If switch is in the number 1 or 2 position with the charger on , does it charge both batteries or just the one the switch is on?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
On the smaller boats with shore power and two battery system, it will only charge on the position it is in. Either One, two or all. Not sure on the larger boats but would think that is true for your boat

Feb 1, 2010
Hunter 33.5 El Dorado Lake, Kansas
It depends on the way the charger was installed. Fallow the leads from your charger. If they go to the battery switch it will work like Dave says. My 33.5 is connected directly to the batteries.

Feb 27, 2004
Hunter 335 North East, MD
Like Amos my 33.5's charger is connected directly to battery to charge both set battery combiner to all (both)

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Thaeni
Are you the original new boat buyer? If not, you can not be sure what or how the boat is wired. It is Electricity... Best course of action is to crawl down into the boat and take pictures then draw your own diagram of the way the wires go from the AC power source (let's assume the dock), to the charger (note manufacturer, type, any model numbers), then from the charger to where ever. If you get lost along the way, generate a message and images. There are a number of electrical engineer boat owners here that will help.
Or hire a qualified marine electrician. This is not a place to guess that because the boat is a Hunter it is the same as all the other Hunters. Time and again we discover someone got in the boat and changed it.
Just 2 cents... not enough to buy a cup of coffee...
Good luck. I look forward to learning your experience.