Battery charger stops intermittently

Sep 5, 2009
Hunter 45 CC Marina del Rey
Hi all fellow sailors: I have a Hunter 45CC 2008. The battery charger stops intermittently. The boatyard replaced the electric parts but it is still happening. Any advice? Charger/inverter gets power.
Should I add an additional small simple charger? Thanks, Viktor

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
How long does it stop for? Mine stops maybe more than once an hour for maybe a couple minutes to read/analyze the battery so it knows how to continue charging, then it restarts..

Jun 6, 2006
currently boatless wishing Harrington Harbor North, MD
Mine does the same thing with light/no load on the batteries. Once I turn some stuff on it starts right up to take up the load.

Sep 5, 2009
It can stop for 30 min to one hour or never come back on.
The electrician says it may be due to voltage spikes in the dock power supply.
Surprisingly I have 133 V instead of 110 V. The electrician wants to install a transformer
to make sure I always get 110 V.
Thanks so much! Viktor

Feb 13, 2018
Hunter 41DS Anacortes, WA
You are never going to get exactly 110v unless you have a power conditioner of some sort. The utility will supply 120v + or - 10-15%.

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Our power company will come out and adjust if it goes over or under by over 10%

Ken

Feb 6, 1998
Canadian Sailcraft 36T Casco Bay, ME
We really need a lot more info on this one..

Brand?
Model?
How are you defining "stopping"
What is voltage during these "stopped" events.
Do you have an ammeter?
Alternative energy such as wind or solar?
Other AC charge sources on-board?
How is it wired?
ACR/VSR, Echo charger?

Sep 5, 2009
Hi All: Technician installed voltage regulator with 110 V output - now no problem anymore. Will tell brand of charger when I come to the boat!

Jun 5, 2012
Hunter 38 Chicago, IL
I had an issue with my 2005 H38. Turned out the fan was bad. It would run until it overheated- charging before it overheated. Stop running until it cooled down - battery draining and start again. I would watch the voltage gauge slowly decline. Dropped in a new one and good as new. Maybe the same issue?