Battery banks Oceanis 321

Apr 7, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 321 Coral Bay
I have two questions actually.

1st. Has anyone been able to fit 4 batteries in the port side locker? If so what batteries are you using as I have only been able to fit 3 with my current batteries.

2nd. The aft cabin battery bank. What size battery actually fits in there?

Jul 8, 2005
Jeanneau 389 Grosse Pointe Farms, MI
I have two questions actually.

1st. Has anyone been able to fit 4 batteries in the port side locker? If so what batteries are you using as I have only been able to fit 3 with my current batteries.

2nd. The aft cabin battery bank. What size battery actually fits in there?
Hey Jason,

We also have a B321. Put in AGM Group 27 batteries and they have lasted forever. I think they have been in there for 12 years... Work great. From West Marine.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Jason. You can wait until a Beneteau Oceanis 321 owner sees your message and chooses to respond... or you can measure the space of the compartment, post a picture and ask the many sailors, engineers and longtime boat owners for help. We may be able to offer suggestions that you can evaluate. May get an answer a little sooner. Just saying.

Jan 18, 2016
Catalina 387 Dana Point
I'm with jssailem. I don't know the specifics about a Bene 321 but measurments (including height) would be awesome.
If you could fit 4 GC2s, that'd be the best bang for the buck. Otherwise it'd be optimizing for whatever was most important to you: AH capacity, cost, recharge time, etc...

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Consider battery weight. Placing lead outboard and high puts these light displacement boats off their lines and can impose a list.

Aug 8, 2009
2 Oceanis 321 Somers Point
I own a '95 321; I'm unaware of "#2- aft cabin battery bank." Don't think I have that.