Battens for 23

chuter

May 15, 2014
Hunter 23 Lake Winnebago
Need to replace the remaining battens in the Neil Pryde main on our '86 Hunter 23. Anyone have the specs on them? Yes, could just buy length and cut but figured I'd check here first. Thanks.

Mar 29, 2017
Hunter 30t 9805 littlecreek
I'm guessing know one knows. Measure the pocket? In sail. Lost one once and used a piece wood trim to get thru weekend if your sailn this weekend

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
Don't know size for your sails, but I recommend the rubber type tips you can epoxy over each end of the batten. Have not had tearing of the pockets since adding these.

May 17, 2017
Hunter H260 Prince George
On a related note...lost two battens (two bottom ones) on my H260 first time out. The bottom pockets don't seem to have any means of keeping them in, unlike the the top ones that have a velcro flap to keep them in place. Am i doing something wrong? Is there a mod or a trick to keeping the bottom battens from coming out?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@Chuck C.
Take a photo or two and post them here so we can see what is going on with the mainsail pocket. There is another way some secure sails. Drill a hole at the end of the batten and where it sits in the batten pocket, punch a small hole in the sail, remove the batten and sear the ends of that hole with a round tip heating iron. Then tie the batten to the mainsail.