Baltimore marina recommendations for trip in June?

Oct 17, 2011
Catalina 310 USA
I am taking the wife and daughter on a little trip (2 nights) to Baltimore in mid June to visit the Aquarium and other downtown attractions. It has been about 15 years since I visited there by boat. I was originally going to get a slip at Harbor-East Marina but they are under construction still and cannot guarantee a transient slip will be available. Henderson Wharf Marina (I stayed there 15 years ago when the "night life" in Fells Point was the main attraction) seems to be a little too far of a walk to the Aquarium and downtown Harbor stuff. My next thought was BMC - Inner Harbor Marina. Bathroom and shower facilities are an important factor since this is the first trip for the wife and daughter and I want them to have a good experience.

Any thoughts or recommendations?
Thanks,
iSailor

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
I was up at Fells Point a year or so ago to see Hermione and the water taxi fleet was a whole new thing, with regular service down to Fells Point and back. So I wouldn't worry about staying down at Henderson's, taking the water taxi is a fun extra event.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Harbor East is my home marina and it is by far the best place for transients except it is presently ripped apart due to construction. Phase one is supposed to be complete end of June. I have been a slip holder for 4 years and may (or may not) have a little inside clout. I will check and PM you. Henderson's wharf is a bit rustic and it is a hike from the action. As far as facilities go I would definitely recommend BMC inner harbor over Henderson's though it will probably be more expensive. You are also next to a water taxi stop which will get you about anywhere.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
I spoke to the manager yesterday and they are accepting transient reservations for June 15 onward. Apologies for the late response but just got back into town. I don't know your exact schedule but that would be the place to go if you can manage it schedule wise.

Apr 21, 2014
Hunter 356 Middle River, MD
For the Star Spangled Spectacular in 2014 and Fleet Week last year we stayed at BMC - Lighthouse Point in Canton, which had a nice facility, restaurants in Canton, close to the water taxis to Ft. McHenry and the inner harbor.
Anywhere you end up, enjoy your trip.
Jeff