Bahama flotilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MArk

Have a Bahama Mama for me

Hey Yawl, Here is a really helpful page (related link) on cruising from South Florida to the Bahamas. Happy sails _/), MArk

T

Tim Bastian

John Torrey of Corpus Christi are you going?

John are you and Diane going to join us on our grand adventure? Seems yours was the first message in this thread, so I do believe that you started this whole thing. It wouldn’t be right to sit back and let us have all the fun. Tim Bastian Zephyr’s Aura Hixson, TN

W

Wade Clodfelter

Wade & Donna interested in joining

My wife and I are interested in joining. Does anyone know a good launching spot? Thanks, Wade Clodfelter Mac 26s "Shooting Sun" Chesapeake VA WadeClodfelter@worldnet.att.net

D

Deane Knott

a Venture to the Bahamas?

Will a Venture 2 24 be strong enough to go to the Bahamas (and back)? I am more concerned about the 'and back' part. DK

T

Tim Bastian

Wade & Donna glad to have you join us

Wade & Donna, We would be glad to have you join us. We have yet to choose a jumping off point, however a point south of West Palm such as Boca Raton or Deerfield Beach have been discussed. We are open to all suggestions at this point. If you know of a good place meet and launch from let us know. Tim Bastian Zephyr’s Aura Hixson, TN

T

Tim Bastian

Will a Venture 2 24 be strong enough

Deane, I can't give you an answer on this one. You might try asking some of the other Venture owners. We would however be glad to have you along on our little adventure. Hope to see you there. Tim Bastian Zephyr’s Aura Hixson, TN

J

John Roddy

Another flotilla is leaving April 12

A group from the TSBB is leaving from Homestead on April 12. The latest count is 14 boats, of which 5 are 26x. This group has boats that will go for 1 week and boats that will go for 2 weeks. All are welcome to join! A great bunch of laid back cruisers. For more info, www.knology.net/~ballen1/

C

Chip Giles

If it is in good shape, it will be fine.

If you boat is in good shape, it should be fine. If the standing rigging is serviceable, as well as sails, engine, etc., you will be fine. You do not need a new boat to go. You just need a boat that is in good shape.

C

Chip Giles

Two jumping off locations

I would like to propose that we establish two jumping-off locations. We should have WPB for those motoring and Boca Raton (or nearby) for those sailing. Please respond with your thoughts. At least, we can start to plan in a little more detail. Also, we need to start figuring out who is planning on staying for how long. This will help plan itineraries. For instance, those going ten days will probably not make the Abacos unless they just stay on the go. That is a lot of sailing in ten days on a small boat to only have four days in the Abacos. This does not leave much of a weather window, either. Fifteen days, no problem. You could do a lot more. Just as we may have two groups crossing, we may have two different itineraries in the Bahamas. Kelly & I are probably in the ten-day group. I think we will probably explore the Freeport/Lucaya coast. Who says we couldn't plan a night out in the city together, or a beach cookout somewhere. Or we could just rendesvous in West End and go our separate ways. As always, we just need input from each member of the group to form a consensus.

J

Jeff Gottlieb

Looks Good!

That schedule looks great. Wife and I would like to join y'all. Will be sailing a '91 MAC26S. If we can swing the time off, we'll go. Kathy & Jeff Gottlieb S/V Lafitte's Folly Galveston Island, TX

W

Wade Clodfelter

Looks like there's going to be a great group!

Tim, I'm curious how many people so far are looking into going and what type of boats? (I say the more the better) Should we name your Wacky Mac Island Floatilla something... ;>} Wade Mac26s "Shooting Sun" Chesapeake, VA wadeclodfelter@worldnet.att.net

C

Chip Giles

Jeff, what is your e-mail address?

Jeff, Glad to have you aboard. Please send post your e-mail address to this board or e-mail it directly to me at hcgiles@mindspring.com. I will include you in our Bahamas Flotilla e-mail list. Chip

T

Tim Bastian

Looks like about 8 so far

Wade, Looks like eight if you and Jeff both go. Hope to see you there. As far as naming the thing, I’ll leave that up to the rest of you. Chip and his wife like to name things maybe they can come up with something interesting. I get a real kick out of his website http://hcgiles.home.mindspring.com/index.htm and his jeep the Valdez. Tim Bastian Zephyr’s Aura Hixson, TN

T

Tim Bastian

Jumping off point and schedule

Chip, As far as the jumping off point Boca Raton is fine with me. I’m in for the ten day thing but plan to use July 1st through the 6th for backup incase of weather or other unforeseen problems. I don’t really want to travel on the 4th of July weekend but if I have to I will. Tim Bastian Zephyr’s Aura Hixson, TN

T

Tim Bastian

List of participants

List of participants These names are in no particular order so please don‘t be offended if your not listed in the order you came onboard. Also if your name is missing from the list or I’ve added you by mistake please post an update or E-Mail me and I’ll update it for you. 1)Chip Giles 2)Tim Bastian 3)Timm Miller 4)Jack O'Brien 5)Jeff Gottlieb 6)Wade Clodfelter 7)Ric Caselli 8)Paul Roberts Tim Bastian Zephyr’s Aura Hixson, TN

C

Chip Giles

We have a Mac Bahamas Flotilla Website

Hello everyone, I have made a website for our pending adventure. The address is http://hcgiles.home.mindspring.com/macflotilla.htm. Please add to your favorites. I am missing the following information: Ric Caselli - Home town, boat type, boat name, e-mail address Timm Miller - Boat name Paul Roberts - Home town, boat type, boat name, e-mail address Plus, I do not have many names of your significant others who will crew for you on this cruise. E-mail me the info and I will add it. If you can think of any categories (which will be links) that we need to add, please let me know. Hope you like the page and it does some good. Chip

J

Jeff G

Bahama Flotilla list

Chip, Thanks! Please add me to the email list... jdgott@yahoo.com Jeff

J

Jeff G

Provisioning?

Anyone have a list or any suggestions regarding provisioning for a Bahama trip? Kathy and I are new to sailing, so any thought's would be welcome. Chip...Will you have a provisioning page on your website?

J

John Torrey

Yes we're interested.

We are amazed at the response. It looks like it can be a LOT OF FUN. We were thinking of leaving from Miami or south to lessen the fight of the Gulf Stream. On the way back we would probably return to Ft. Lauderdale, where we have some friends. If business concerns plan out we'll go. won't know for a while. But, Yes we're mighty interested. John Torrey "Miss Diane" -Corpus Christi

Status
Not open for further replies.