Bahama flotilla

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

John Torrey

Is there any truth to a Macgregor Bahama Redevouz in June? We would love to participate. John & Diane "Miss Diane" - Corpus Christi

C

Chip Giles

We might go in July

We might go in July. A bunch of MacGregors might be fun.

T

Timm Miller

Bahamas

My bride and I are planing a crossing near the end of June going out of Lake Worth headed to West End.......

J

Jack O'Brien

Bahamas Flotilla

I have a new 2000 26X & would love to see the Bahamas. Palm Beach / Lake Worth is my home port. I'm new to this sailing life but, maybe by then, I might be of some local help. Let me know if plans start to look possible. Jack O'Brien "Gostosa III" WinkInc@bellsouth.net

T

Tim Bastian

Would love to go too!!

I'm just getting use to my Mac26X but I think I would like to give Bahamas a try. My schedule is very flexible as long as I have about a months notice. If you guys come up with a firm date you can count me in. Tim Bastian Zephyr's Aura Hixson, TN

T

Timm Miller

Date

The time frame will be the last week in June.....stream crossing will be the easiest.....most times glass. Email me at tsmiller@vcu.edu

C

Chip Giles

West End or Bimini

Are you all looking to cruise to West End or Bimini?

T

Timm Miller

Westend

I'm going out of Lake Worth to West End. I have friends in Palm Beach...about three blocks from the ramp who keep my truck and trailer

C

Chip Giles

Is West End a nice trip?

I have never been to West End. Is it a pretty fun place to spend a few days? Good anchorage? What's there?

T

Timm Miller

West End

It seems to be the shortest distance to the Bahamas........as far as coming from the North to Florida. The little Bahama Banks is above Grand Bahama Island. Lucaya is just around the bend from West End......supposed to be a really nice marina. There are a lot of Cays to the North........My plan is to hit a different one each day.

T

Tim Bastian

Either is fine for me

I haven't been to either place so I'm open to most anything. Realy looking forward to making the trip. Tim Bastian Zephyr's Aura Hixson, TN

C

Chip Giles

How many days are we talking about?

How many days are we talking about? Also, are we going to flotilla over and back? I am looking at not more than a week or so max. What do you all think?

M

MArk

February may be better

Doesn't hurricane season start in June-July? Check out this Bahama trip by some Yankees. It'll make your mouth water! (related link) Happy sails _/), MArk

T

Timm Miller

Week to 10 days

That is about the amount of time I have........I will be hanging out in Palm Beach for a day or two visting friends and then blast over for paradise. End of June is the begining of hurricaine season but I have never seen one develope until the latter part of August.

T

Tim Bastian

Check this Bahama trip out

This guy went from Calgary, Canada to West Palm Beach pulling his Mac26x then sailed from West Palm Beach to the Bahamas. Talk about a determined Trailer Sailor

J

Jack O'Brien Gostosa III

Bahamas Daze

I'm flexible on number of days. Weather may decide it anyway. Whether we all flotilla over and back or split into two or more groups (maybe one week / two week ? ) I suggest no less than two cross at any one time for safety's sake.

C

Chip Giles

Anyone bringing their wife?

Is anyone bringing their wife or girlfriend (no joke intended)? My wife and I always sail together. I checked rates at Old Bahama Bay. For the summer, it will cost us for one night slip fee $66 per night. This is weekday rates. Showers are $10 if you are not staying in a slip. Normally, we anchor out most of the time. Are you all planning on anchoring our most of the time? Marinas are going to become very expensive.

T

Tim Bastian

Anchoring out and bringing wife

Chip I'll be bringing my wife and son. We prefer to anchor out. Less likely to be disturbed while sleeping that way and less expensive too.

J

Jack O'Brien Gostosa III

Anchoring Out

Will bring my wife, if possible, for some or all of trip depending upon trip's and wife's schedules (she works). I won't blow dough on slips & showers if I can avoid it. Not having done this stuff before I can't speak from experience but, I lived in a tent for a month this summer in Wisconsin with no hookups and bathed in the lake.

Status
Not open for further replies.