Registered users don't see ads

Bad news, good news

Discussion in 'The Cherubini Hunters' started by lingerfeltja, Jan 13, 2018 at 11:35 AM. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. lingerfeltja

lingerfeltja

Joined Jun 4, 2004
    15 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 37 Cutter
    US Holland, Michigan
    Bad news: while pulling my boat, the yard mangled the anchor roller (anchor was removed for storage).
    Good news: they will have a new one fabricated.
    I’ve never liked the original. Way too small and short for my CQR primary. We cruise in the Great Lakes. Frequently anchor overnight.
    Any advice on improvements or upgrades?
    Thank you.

2. justsomeguy

justsomeguy

Joined Feb 20, 2011
    5,780 posts, 588 likes
    MacGregor, Island Packet 35
    US Tucson, AZ/San Carlos, MX
    Upgrade the CQR to a new generation anchor?

3. lingerfeltja

lingerfeltja

Joined Jun 4, 2004
    15 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 37 Cutter
    US Holland, Michigan
    Good idea. Thanks. Would one fit in a bow roller similar to the original? If not, what mods would be necessary?
    I’m not up on the newest ground tackle. What type and size would be recommended for an H37?

4. ggrizzard

ggrizzard

Joined May 27, 2004
    854 posts, 35 likes
    Hunter 1979 30 Cherubini
    US Ponce Inlet FL
    A Mantus/Rochna/Manson type didn't fit on my old roller that did work with my CQR. Go to West and match up the anchor type you want with one of several rollers. take pictures and take pics to the yard.

justsomeguy likes this.
  5. shemandr

shemandr

Joined Jan 1, 2006
    3,016 posts, 281 likes
    Marblehead Skiff 14'
    US Greenport, NY Greenport, NY
    What I didn't like about the roller on my H356 was that it had an edge at the end. Since these boats sail around on their anchors I was always worried that the edge would saw through the rode (Never happened). If I had any say in the design I would have the end flared. On my boat the rode went through the windlass. All chain would help but then there would be less shock absorption. Or so it is proposed. You could use a bridle but that does complicate the system.

6. Cat 310 #1 in GA

Cat 310 #1 in GA

Joined Jan 17, 2013
    212 posts, 18 likes
    Catalina 310
    US St. Simons
    I have a Bruce anchor but when I eventually upgrade will definitely go to a mantus.
    bob

Replacement in-deck solar panel
Improved for greater output, this is a drop-in replacement. Trim ring available, too.
Hunter strainers and filters
For engines, gensets, AC, and more.
Hunter faucets and parts
Replacement fixtures, hoses, sprayers, washers, and more.
Hunter throttle and shift cables
Order by model, fast shipment