Attention Hunter 49 Owners re: Selden Mast Defect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 4, 2004
Hunter 49 123
Re: Attention Hunter 49 Owners re:Selden Mast Defect

I talked to Tom Sharkey about the recent recall but he did not mention the deformed mast issue...... The latest recall letter has the models/brands listed.

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie

I have a 2004 44 and my part has the recalled number on it. I also filled out the online form they acknowleged it but I have not seen or recieved a thing for 5 or 6 weeks now. Any idea how long it takes Selden to react

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2004
Hunter 44 Mystic, Ct
Kevin

I did not hear back from Selden either and after about 5 weeks I sent tech support an e mail. I received an e mail back from Tom Sharkey ts@seldenus.com (see below) apologizing for the delay and stating that he would be coordinating the repair on my 2005 44AC. You may want to send Tom an E mail to check the status of your repair.

Marc

I apologize for the delay in reaching you. I have reviewed your digital form and have confirmed that your mast has the 517-914 fitting
I will be overseeing the replacement of the forestay fitting on your Hunter 44.
I am the managing director for Selden Mast Inc. which is the North American Company for Selden Mast. We are located in Charleston, South Carolina.
Selden will be making arrangements for a replacement installation at our expense.
I have included two attachments which you will also be receiving in the mail.
In order to expedite matters, if you could answer the questions on the questionnaire, starting with Boat Location Address and questions after that, I will complete your information. Also please include a contact phone number.

Look forward to hear from you.
Best Regards,
Tom Sharkey

Jun 8, 2004
Hunter 49 60803 Lake Erie

Thanks Marc

I e-mailed Tom and he called me 30 minutes later; to gathered a few more facts about my rig set up and boat location. It sounds to me like Selden is trying to organize the repairs by location. He let me know he would be calling my marina to work with the owners to repair mine as well as the other effected boats in the same yard. So currently, I am feeling good about the process.

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2009
Hunter 49 toronto
Selden is moving forward on it

Thanks Marc

I e-mailed Tom and he called me 30 minutes later; to gathered a few more facts about my rig set up and boat location. It sounds to me like Selden is trying to organize the repairs by location. He let me know he would be calling my marina to work with the owners to repair mine as well as the other effected boats in the same yard. So currently, I am feeling good about the process.
I have completed my questionare and it looks like Tom Sharkey is on top of all this. On the form there are some statements about being in compliance with US laws, etc., so I gather they have very carefully weighed the danger to life aspect.
In any case, I feel 100% confident that they are now doing the right thing

Status
Not open for further replies.