Association membership

Jan 23, 2015
catalina catalina22 Trailer
Hi everyone I was hoping you could answer a quick question for me. The PO of my 82 C22 gave me a tech disc from 2006 which comes with ass. membership. The disc is full of great tech info . I was wondering ,do they or have they updated this the tech info lately ? if so , I would join just to get this tech info may be worth it. If their is any members please let me know much appreciated. thank you ...Don

Sep 15, 2016
Catalina 22 Minnesota
You bet they do! The Tech manual is my go to place for most C22 questions. It has had a couple of updates since 2006 and is set to have another update in a few months (now well over 200 pages). To get the tech manual you need to join the Catalina 22 association at the link below and purchase it as either a download or a CD copy. Updates are free for all members that already own the manual when they come out. Also the Association publishes an online magazine called the Main Brace with many good tech articles and adventures. You get the past few months for free but can also purchase the past 20+ years of them as well if you would like. It's a great organization and one I joined so I could support the Catalina 22 and so they could keep making such great boat specific material. It well worth the cost.

https://www.catalina22.org/

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Very good advice.

For others reading this, please be aware that almost ALL Catalina boats have their own Associations, many of whom do just this as well as hosting their own websites, in addition to this fine one.

Apr 21, 2015
Catalina 22 Sport #15582 Indianapolis
Members of the Catalina 22 National Sailing Association who have also purchased the 2006 Technical Manual also have access to download Tech Manual Updates that were published in 2014 and 2017. I am the C22 Class Editor and did the 2017 Tech Manual Update. The 2019 Tech Manual Update is currently in the works and will be ready on July 1. (The 2006 is on CD, the updates are available via download.)
Combined, there are over 550 pages of articles in PDF format, and over 650 pages when the 2019 Tech Manual Update is completed. To get the Updates, you would need to be a C22NSA member and have purchased the 2006 Technical Manual. The articles are in PDF format for easy saving and printing. The best part is they are all in one source...no need to go scouring the Internet to find the answer. Also available to C22NSA members is the 1) Catalina 22 Buyer's Guide and the 2) Catalina 22 History Book. In addition, C22NSA members get access to 60 more technical articles published on the Website (log-in required), and many other documents including Owners Manuals for all four Catalina 22 models built. This URL may help get you started https://catalina22.org/index.php/2014-11-06-22-14-25/membership-4

Jan 23, 2015
catalina catalina22 Trailer
You guys are awsome. And thank you to the editor for your link . I loved the 2006 cd so much info.I have never seen anyother boatowners provide so much info . Only c22 owners are so lucky to have it all. Will sign up asap.. Great sailing!....Don

Apr 21, 2015
Catalina 22 Sport #15582 Indianapolis
Thanks Don. You will have access to enough information to fill an entire weekend of reading. When done, you will be super-smart about the Catalina 22 and find yourself giving info back to others. That's how I got started nearly 23 years ago. Bought the Tech Manual...am now the Class Editor. -Rich