Are you sailing?

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
We did manage 25 nights on board in August. Interestingly it only got over the mid 70s a few days. Now clearly helping her as she heals from the knee surgery is the current priority. I just needed a vicarious sailing fix.

Ken

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 380 Los Angeles
We just finished a 9 day vacation trip on the boat. Sailed over to Catalina West end and moored at Cherry Cove for 5 nights then motored down to Avalon ( absolutely dead calm ) for two nights then motor sailed to Dana Point for two more days before motor sailing back home to LA harbor. It was a nice way to end the summer here.

Mar 1, 2012
1961 Rhodes Meridian 25 Texas coast
l
I have come to hate with a passion that section of I-10
lol You should have been with me on I 10 last Thursday. I was stopped dead. called my sister and told her I was in heavy traffic. She says- yes- on the news- a semi jack knifed on the road.

Wrong- FOUR semis jackknifed on the road!!What a zoo- 2 1/2 hours to do 2 miles!!

Jul 13, 2010
Precision 23 Perry Hall,Baltimore County
Worst weather this season! Every fall I count up my truck windshield float plans, ysuausu in the mid to high twenties. Counted them up last weekend, 8 so far ! My season is done Oct. 31.

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
21 Sept we motor sailed through Rich Passage facing a 3 kt flood. Upon exiting we enjoyed a lazy job only sail to Des Moines, Wa., Marina for a Hunter rendezvous. For the remainder of the 17 miles we averaged 4-5 kts. The wind died 1/2 mile from the marina but oh what a nice sail. My wife, being exhausted from the previous week!s events enjoyed a delicious nap in the forward stateroom. I was delighted to see her able to relax. Starboard tack all the way. Gotta love days like that. Headed to Port Ludlow Marina tomorrow for the weekend. Three weekends in a row. Yahoo⛵

Aug 28, 2006
Bavaria 35E seattle
Hi Ken,

I'm just a degree or two down the sound from you. This past Saturday was a great casual charity race for Northwest Harvest Food Bank put on by SSYC. We brought the boat through the locks Friday night so we'd be ready for the skippers briefing at Shilshole at 9AM. and stayed over until Sunday morning so we could enjoy the after party fully. The race was tons of fun with winds at 16-18 and gusts to 20. The start line was off the north entrance of Shilshole with the first leg upwind around West Point and then a brisk downwind to a mark off Richmond Beach, with a second shortened pass to Meadow Point off Golden Gardens and back to the finish line. We were pretty well healed with a first reef on the main and the genny furled for the first upwind leg. Thereafter, we just kept the genny unfurled. Sun, great wind, no rain.....a trifecta of sailing for Puget Sound.
I had a broken strut about 3 years ago on my last boat, a 27' O'Day. Because access to the strut assembly would require removal of the fuel tank, an expensive job, and one I'd be chasing good money toward an original Atomic 4 engine (that ran decent....but realistically, how many more years of life would be in it?) - I decided to "remodel" with a 9.9 long shaft Evinrude outboard with electric start and lift. It turned out to be a pretty nifty choice. Removal of the old A-4 was no walk in the park! I was on the hard at Canal Boat Yard for almost a month!! Just more grist for the mill, I suppose. Hope all works out with your repair and your wife's healing.

Brad

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
21 Sept we motor sailed through Rich Passage facing a 3 kt flood. Upon exiting we enjoyed a lazy job only sail to Des Moines, Wa., Marina for a Hunter rendezvous. For the remainder of the 17 miles we averaged 4-5 kts. The wind died 1/2 mile from the marina but oh what a nice sail. My wife, being exhausted from the previous week!s events enjoyed a delicious nap in the forward stateroom. I was delighted to see her able to relax. Starboard tack all the way. Gotta love days like that. Headed to Port Ludlow Marina tomorrow for the weekend. Three weekends in a row. Yahoo⛵
Were you one of those who raced that day? It seemed like a pretty stiff breeze for that. We were invited, but couldn't make it.
Ken

Mikem

Dec 20, 2009
Hunter 466 Bremerton
I crewed on Salish Mermaid, Duane Rubash skipper. Our jib clew blew out... we finished 4/4. Hope your wife recovers quickly. I’m just south of Brownsville heading for Port Ludlow.

Sep 7, 2018
Chrysler C-22 Battle Creek
A short video of sailing last weekend in Lake Michigan near South Haven. This didnt seem right to me.

Sep 7, 2018
Chrysler C-22 Battle Creek
Since Lake Michigan is 22,000+ SQ Miles........it seemed they could have left a little more space between us. You could say I prefer a little space also.
Nice video. Its not the easiest thing to try to record sailing.....from the boat. There is only so many vantage points you can get.