Are you a Follower?

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
What does the "Follow" feature get you on the forum? If I follow someone, does that mean I get alerted when they post? Or what? Thanks!

Nov 30, 2015
Hunter 1978 H30 Cherubini, Treman Marina, Ithaca, NY
It got me a restraining order.
I think I just collapsed a lung from laughing.

Yeah what does that mean to Follow a SBO contributor, especially one whom makes perfect sense and vast contributions. Is this just a head enlargement exercise in your profile, or do links show up if they post?

Never mind Miss Piggy, I wanna know who’s following Miss Peggy ( @Peggie Hall HeadMistress ) and her potty mouth?

Jan 8, 2015
MacGregor 26S, Goman Express 30 Kerr Reservoir
Maybe we should ask a @moderator. I also am wondering what it means when there is a pin next to a post in the new posts column.

Feb 17, 2006
Lancer 27PS MCB Camp Pendleton KF6BL
As I understand it...

According to Xenforo discussing boards, if you are FOLLOWING someone then whenever that user makes a posting, you should get an alert. Caveat... that is if the board has that particular Add-On. I don't know if this site is using that Add-On.

As far as FOLLOWERS, this is just a list of users who are stalking you. I looked at mine and I see that I am following myself. That's creepy.

Maybe Fearless Leader
(@Phil Herring) can shed some light on the subject.

Phil Herring

Alien
Mar 25, 1997
- - Bainbridge Island
It's a three-part process:

First, you follow someone.

Second, if you had a news feed, which I don't think we have configured, their posts would be added to that news feed.

Third is the restraining order, which comes later.

Aren't you glad you asked?