Arch light

Nov 19, 2009
Hunter 45CC Ft Pierce and Abaco Bahamas
On the H-45CC with the stereo option there are two speakers under the arch and in the middle is a light with a switch. My light is not working. The bulb tests good, and the switch tests good. No power are the connecters. Before I go looking deeper, does anyone know if some other systems has to be powered for that light to work? I recently bought the boat. I've tried with the nav lights on.

Jan 12, 2011
Hunter 410 full time cruiser
on my boat the Courtesy 2 breaker powers the arch lights (the breaker that powers the night red lights and the compass light)

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Mine has a 3 state switch on the arch...

1) OFF
2) ON

3) Dimmer activated.

Jim...

Nov 19, 2009
on my boat the Courtesy 2 breaker powers the arch lights (the breaker that powers the night red lights and the compass light)
Thanks, all breakers are on, red sexy man cave curtesy lights work, arch light no workie

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
The Dimmer is a second switch, with dimmer ON, it also kicks to bright white or Sexy Man, Night Vision, no bugs-- Blue.
_______
The Admiral said...

"Arch light doesn't work!"
Answer: Push the Left Switch down (ON)

It had been on Dimmer position and the low Blue light was not visible at dusk. (From evening before)

Jim...

PS: Just guessing

Nov 19, 2009
I think I'm going to open up the box that houses the speakers and the wiring that goes to the light and look around. Maybe a butt connector corroded or something. All breakers are on, all other lights work, the arch light bulb and switch test good. Pretty minor issue compared to wiring 3 solar panels. Thanks for all the replies.

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
Look in the lockers where the arch bases are accessible. The wires for the speakers and light go up that tube. Any time the boat is transported, the arch comes down an those connections get pulled apart.

Nov 19, 2009
Look in the lockers where the arch bases are accessible. The wires for the speakers and light go up that tube. Any time the boat is transported, the arch comes down an those connections get pulled apart.
Thanks I'll check that

Jan 26, 2016
Hunter 41 Huntington,
I had a similar problem with the arch light, turns out the connections at the light fixture were riveted on and had built up some corrosion. Try accessing them and move them around and see if that helps. I wound up replacing the fixture with a dimming LED red/white fixture and love it.
Good Luck

Jul 7, 2012
Hunter 36 Des Moines, WA
Mine the power is connected to the dome light in the lazarette, it was just a bare wire that was stuck in with the male plug for the dome light. Check and see if yours is the same as it may have pulled loose. Also, watch out for that dome light. I had that lazarette so full of deck chairs and other stuff that one of the chairs shifted and turned on the dome light. It was on so long that it started to melt the plastic lens and housing of the dome light. Good thing the bulb burned out before it caught fire.
Light1_edited.jpg
Light2_edited.jpg

Nov 19, 2009
I did get mine working. It had a cheapo plastic junction box with all 5 wires running into and out of it. I eliminated the junction box and used butt connectors and it's working fine. I guess the wires were corroded pretty badly. Thanks everyone