Apostle Islands/Lake Superior Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Sorry JD, that rock is on the east end of Stockton just NE of Julian Bay, looking east (notice the empty horizon). I may have missed the sunset in your photo but I have my eagle eyes on now.
Good call!

tsheie

Jan 9, 2012
San Juan 7.7 Bayfield WI
caves?

DannyS;925912]I haven't posted a photo here in a while, how about this one?

I'm thinking it's over on the Cornucopia mainland caves, rather than Devil's.. am I close?

Nov 8, 2010
Speaking of kayaking and sea caves, some of our more intrepid friends met up with us with their 17 foot kayak lashed to the deck of their Chrysler 22. We are a ways out there. Where?

tsheie

Jan 9, 2012
San Juan 7.7 Bayfield WI
Danny's got it-- on a very calm morning, we tiptoed through the boulder field at the N end of Stockton (when we draft 5.5', it was close..) but that's a beautiful place, especially in the fall..

DannyS

May 27, 2004
Beneteau 393 Bayfield, Wi
DannyS;925912]I haven't posted a photo here in a while, how about this one?

I'm thinking it's over on the Cornucopia mainland caves, rather than Devil's.. am I close?
Yup, you guessed it!

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
Alright Just to show I was actually "on" the water... I got a shot of this bouy...on my way to the islands...last weekend

Unfortunatly not enough wind on Sunday to get closer...<hint>

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
Ahaaa... So I have found the bouy at the end of the world where sailors fear to travel...

Nov 8, 2010
Alright Just to show I was actually "on" the water... I got a shot of this bouy...on my way to the islands...last weekend

Unfortunatly not enough wind on Sunday to get closer...<hint>

Gotta be Houghton Point Light!

Squidd you up this weekend??

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
Yeah, Just barely made it to the point on the shakedown run, then Sunday no wind to speak of so we stayed in the bay...

Won't be up this weekend, but planning on the next...goal is to get to Bayfield/Madeline Island and maybe even circle Basswood Saturday...depending on how the wind is blowing...

Then either spend the night in Bayfield or head back to Washburn, all depends on weather and the kind of time I'm makeing...

DannyS

May 27, 2004
Beneteau 393 Bayfield, Wi
Yeah, Just barely made it to the point on the shakedown run, then Sunday no wind to speak of so we stayed in the bay...

Won't be up this weekend, but planning on the next...goal is to get to Bayfield/Madeline Island and maybe even circle Basswood Saturday...depending on how the wind is blowing...

Then either spend the night in Bayfield or head back to Washburn, all depends on weather and the kind of time I'm makeing...
Give us a wave as you pass by Roy's Point!

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
I'll just heel the boat...you should be able to hear my wife scream...

Nov 8, 2010
Amazing day today. Sunny and in the 70s, with the breeze in the upper teens from the SSW. We drove around Madeline Island and stopped for drinks and dinner in Big Bay. This place rocks.

Nov 8, 2010
Anyone in Bayfield this weekend and interested in grabbing a drink? K and I will be up... Next week too but that raceweek and might be crazy.

Nov 8, 2010
Where is this beach?? Normally crowded but on this day all to ourselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.