Apostle Islands/Lake Superior Picture Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
South sandspit, west side, Outer Island.
Danny,

Close! In fact thats were we left from, when the SSW breeze created an uncomfortable swell.

It's actually the BACK side of Rocky. None of the guides mention the bay, but its a beautiful sandy crescent beach with good holding.

Maybe because its hard to get to... From the east you have to skirt very wide to avoid the shoals NE of the island, and to the west means extra sailing for boats that mostly stay in the Stockton area.

tsheie

Jan 9, 2012
San Juan 7.7 Bayfield WI
I like that little sandspit on the SE corner of Cat...the pic reminds me of that....

Mar 28, 2007
Oday 23 Anna Maria Isl.
Your Beautiful Apostles!!!!!!

My wife and I recently had the chance to do a few days of small boat cruise/camping in your lovely area. We were on our little 16 foot AMF Sunbird, along with another couple on a Laser Bahia. We all had a fantastic time, that was well worth our 750 mile tow (each way). We hope to go again next Summer! Where are we? asks Mr. Obvious.

Attachments

Squidd

Sep 26, 2011
AMF Alcort Paceship PY26 Washburn Wi. Apostle Islands
Ohh Ohh Ohh...I'll probably get this wrong, but I'm gonna say Rasberry Island lighthouse landing looking down...

This is where I ended up couple weeks ago...

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
My wife and I recently had the chance to do a few days of small boat cruise/camping in your lovely area. We were on our little 16 foot AMF Sunbird, along with another couple on a Laser Bahia. We all had a fantastic time, that was well worth our 750 mile tow (each way). We hope to go again next Summer! Where are we? asks Mr. Obvious.
Lance,

we looked for you (sort of) but never ran across you guys. Glad you had fun! Yes obvious.

cb

Mar 28, 2007
Oday 23 Anna Maria Isl.
Apostles!

right you are Squidd!
C.B. - I probably should have been a better communicator, it would have been nice to cross paths with you.
A total of five of us camped on York and sailed all day for 4 days. With the exception of one 5 hour no wind lull - where we paddled but were still passed by kayaks!
We loved the place and will be back.

Status
Not open for further replies.