Anyone with experience with the new Shurflo Aqua King fresh water pumps?

Aug 27, 2014
Beneteau 373 San Diego
I am considering upgrading my current 10+ yr old Shurflo 2095-433-244 fresh water pump to the new Shurflo Aqua King II pump. Anyone have any feedback on this newer model?

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
I installed a Aqua King II model 4138 3 gpm about 2 1/2 yrs ago. Replaced the OEM Shurflo that started leaking after 16 years. Easy changeover.

Feb 10, 2004
Hunter 40.5 Warwick, RI
I also put in an AquaKing II 3.0 one year ago. The four-chamber pump is very quite and pumps very well. I would buy it again.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
I have one also. Bought it year before last. Easy replacement. Works way better than the one it replaced.

Jul 29, 2004
Hunter 340 Lake Lanier, GA
Update on my Shurflo AquaKing pump for anyone following this... Last week, the pump failed to turn on when a faucet was opened. Water flow from the tank was checked and good, and I pulled the electrical connectors apart to check the voltage coming in, which was also good. But in doing so, I wiggled the wires going to the pressure switch, which came on intermittently. Problem identified! Then discovered the 3 year warranty was still in force, so I sent back to my retailer (WholesaleMarine.com) at Shurflo's direction. New pump was sent out after a few days, and will be installed shortly.

FYI, the pump label has a manufacturing date printed on it, and the warranty is good for 3 years from that date even if you don't have a receipt. Fortunately I had the purchase date available from sales records at the retailer or would have missed the warranty window by a few days.

This would have been a problem if we were cruising the world, but cost us only a week of water system downtime and the cost to ship the bad pump to Cincinnati. A spare pump might be a good idea if you're out and about.

Sep 15, 2013
Catalina 270 Baltimore
Good question. It was a while ago but I do believe I had to drill another hole or two. I do remember using some existing holes as well.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
I wonder what the power consumption difference is between the old and newer models... Assume it would be much beter

Greg