Anyone sailing in the Wurstfest keelboat regatta?

Nov 8, 2010
Beneteau First 36.7 & 260 Minneapolis MN & Bayfield WI
Canyon Lake TX, Nov 11-12

I'll be down coaching and crewing on a Fareast 28r. Jodi is coming down and may sail as well. Anyone else going to be there?? Time for a beer!

Last edited:

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Always a good regatta! My son, Tim, drove one of those in Charleston Race Reek.

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Nah... When you're done spanking all those slouches swing by SoCal and I'll be sailing in the BestFest... we have better beer too (not kidding).

Nov 8, 2010
Nah... When you're done spanking all those slouches swing by SoCal and I'll be sailing in the BestFest... we have better beer too (not kidding).
Never heard of it.... when/where?

Sep 8, 2014
Catalina 22 Swing Keel San Diego
Never heard of it.... when/where?
LOL... I was joking about the BestFest but not about the beer... We have a beer festival called the BestCoast Beer Festival (BestFest for short) sponsored by Will Farrell. No sail racing goes on to my knowledge unless the gauntlet is thrown down when talking sail racing at the sampling booths. then again, with all the double and triple IPA's above 8% you are tasting... no one should be getting behind the wheel of anything!

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
Lake Canyon TX, Nov 11-12

I'll be down coaching and crewing on a Fareast 28r. Jodi is coming down and may sail as well. Anyone else going to be there?? Time for a beer!
Jackdaw,
Ok. it bugs me. You're coming to CANYON LAKE, TX to sail in the Lake Canyon Yacht Club race. You ought to ask the club why their name is the way it is but my feeling is that LCYC sounds better than CLYC. How many people would just say "Clique?"

I won't be here then as my youngest daughter has inconsiderately scheduled my granddaughters 3rd birthday party for the 11th in Houston. It's also the same time as the Blue Angels Homecoming Show in Pensacola. Last year, the airshow included a nighttime show that was awesome. We were at anchor about a mile from the runway and had great views of most of the show. Some of the show was below the treeline.

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
Remember the day that a J24 slid off the back of the trailer on that steep ramp. Had to push it down the ramp into the water. Serious road rash.

HMT2

Mar 20, 2014
Hunter 31 828 Shoreacres, TX
I'm not going to make it up there but be sure to hit the Wurstvest. Last time I was there, the porkchop on a stick changed my life, almost but no quite as much as the crab pretzel at Davis Pub in Annapolis.

Nov 8, 2010
I'm not going to make it up there but be sure to hit the Wurstvest. Last time I was there, the porkchop on a stick changed my life, almost but no quite as much as the crab pretzel at Davis Pub in Annapolis.
If we get time we'll drive down for sure. Maybe Sunday afternoon.

Nov 8, 2010
Remember the day that a J24 slid off the back of the trailer on that steep ramp. Had to push it down the ramp into the water. Serious road rash.
Indeed. Every time I go I want to crack a beer and pull up a chair when boats launch. Always seems that one of them gets a bit out of sorts. 19% grade will do that.

Last edited:

WayneH

Jan 22, 2008
Tartan 37 287 Pensacola, FL
Indeed. Every time I go I want to crack a beer and pull up a chair when boats launch. Always seems that one of them gets a bit out of sorts. 19% grade will do that.
I've stood at the top of the ramp and said "NOPE!" Launched at Potters Creek ramp instead. The ramp in Bayou Chico in Pensacola is about 100 feet from my boat. Sunday afternoon includes deck chairs and refreshments while watching the ramp follies. Or even better, after the fireworks display on the 4th of July. Dark, drinking and boating makes me glad I'm tied up to the dock.

Nov 26, 2012
Hunter 34 Berkeley
I was a member of LCYC for 9 years. I have a one trophy and drawer full of Wurstfest Regatta T shirts. Good times. Good food.