Registered users don't see ads

Anyone replaced standing rigging on a 2002 or newer passage 456? Wondering about cost.

Discussion in 'Big Boats' started by discovery, Mar 10, 2018. Add this thread to a FAQ

1. discovery

discovery

Joined Feb 6, 2010
    86 posts, 3 likes
    hunter passage456
    US kemah
    We are down in the Caribbean and we are getting a quote on replacing all the standing rigging on our 2002 passage 456. Had it inspected and it's ok but 16 years and it needs to be replaced. Wondering about cost here vs USA. Love to hear what someone paid recently in the states

2. jssailem

jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    5,143 posts, 1,633 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser
    US Salem, Moored Port Everett WA
    Materials Check with RigginOnly.com
    They can support swaged and non-swaged materials. Can help you with design and ready to install.
    I refitted my 42 foot mast, Fore and Aft, 2 uppers, 4 lower stays. Apron Cost Materials & labor $10K

3. discovery

discovery

Joined Feb 6, 2010
    86 posts, 3 likes
    hunter passage456
    US kemah
    Ok, the rigging shop here estimated 5 thousand euros, 6 thousand US dollars. Three days, done with the rig up, using Dynaform on the outer stays and the interior stays.

4. jssailem

jssailem

Joined Oct 22, 2014
    5,143 posts, 1,633 likes
    CAL 35 Cruiser
    US Salem, Moored Port Everett WA
  5. gillesgiv

gillesgiv

Joined Mar 30, 2013
    11 posts, 0 likes
    Hunter 456 passage
    Ca Dalhousie
    I your standing rigging has been inspected and is in good order, why do you need to replace it?? I have a 456 cc 2003 and is is in very good shape. Nothing need to be replaced if there is no corrosion.

6. discovery

discovery

Joined Feb 6, 2010
    86 posts, 3 likes
    hunter passage456
    US kemah
    Well we've been sailing in the Caribbean for past 5 years and most insurance compline want standing rigging replaced every ten. I agree I inspect and polish the fittings every season but you can't see inside the swage fittings to know if corrosion is there.