Anyone heard of a DS-16?

Nov 23, 2011
MacGregor 26D London Ontario Canada
I just committed to buy one. Hull # 198.
I'm told they were built in Odessa, Ontario, Canada.
Here is what I found on sailboatdata.com http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=3318
The manufacture closed in 1986... I think... http://boat-manufacturers.findthebe...facturer-Schwill-Yachts-Inc-still-in-business

I was kind of looking for a small day sailor for the family now that my 2 Mac 26Ds are going north for the summer. (See my profile for that adventure.)
I really wanted another Mac but...
I found this DS-16 advertised on Kijiji.... And since I "was kind of looking" (wanted) a little day sailor...
I pick it up on Saturday. It's 2 hours away in Windsor Ont. so it will be a daddy daughter day trip. I'll tell Squeaky it is hers but daddy gets to use it when ever and how ever he wants. At least until she is old enough to tow it herself.

I can't seem to find a dedicated forum for the DS-16. Or any info on this site.
Has anyone a link or info they could pass on?
Thanks in advance guys!

Attachments

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2011
Just an update..
I can't pick the boat up until some snow melts. I'm told that the boat is in a storage yard behind a motor home that's behind a huge pile of snow. (Windsor Ont. is Ontario Canada's banana belt. I was surprised to see the amount of snow in the first picture...)
So I'm guessing another month or so before I get to bring it home.

Nov 23, 2011
Alas! The guy sold it out from under me.
He got allot more $ though.
Oh well my search continues...

Sep 15, 2009
S2 9.2a Fairhope Al
Alas! The guy sold it out from under me.
He got allot more $ though.
Oh well my search continues...
sorry to hear that ...i hope you hadn't told squeaky she will be disappointed i am sure and i know you are hart broken .....

regards

woody

Nov 23, 2011
No Squeaky didn't know. Probably a good thing.
That's the 2nd boat in 3 months that I've lost that way. Someone else comes in and offers allot more cash.
I think next time I'll just hit the highway with cash in my pocket and the hitch on the car.
No more higher offers can be taken if they don't have the boat.
I should probably just spend a bit extra and get another Mac 26... Around here though people want what they paid for it new!
My search continues.
I'm open to suggestions too!

Apr 18, 2016
Diller Schwill DS16 Tavistock
Hi,
I have a project DS16 sailboat for sale if you are interested.
Padraig.