Anyone going to Vancouver or Seattle Boot Shoe?

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
Who had the fridge optimizer?
Hi Mark, I've read posts on this site that have installed PC cooling fans inside their fridge that run on 12V. They like the results and at a much lower price. Try doing an archive search. Just a thought.

Guan

Jul 18, 2011
Beneteau Oceanis 361 Vancouver
Thanks again Guan, and I just may take you up on the offer of sailing to Pender Harbour - sure beats the ferry lineup! :) And I didn't actually carry ANYTHING (except the books). I have a piece of paper I paid $1000 for, and a promise of an email. But yeah... typical Boot Shoe visit - one day at the show, 6 months to pay off the Visa. ;)

druid

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Druid, There was a shop in Everett area that the owner went out off business last year. He was selling off his parts and had a Perkins 4108 rebuilt on a pallet. I talked with him last spring. Nice guy on the phone. I found a couple of parts for my 4107 from his shop. Can try to locate a number if interested. The 4108 might be too big for your boat.

Gene S

Nov 29, 2015
Delphia 37 Tacoma
Is it that time of year again? Im going on the 27th. Looking for heat and maybe a plotter that works with my Garmin radar.

Jan 12, 2016
Hunter 410 Ladysmith, BC
Vancouver on the 19th. May make it down to Seattle if we can get a cheap hotel near the show.

Dec 25, 2000
Hunter Passage 42 Shelter Bay, WA
No plans here. We attended a few when we were shopping for our current boat prior to 2002, but not since. Not really in the market for anything at the moment other than some incidentals. A root canal preferred here to traveling to Seattle 26 miles away to the south. Traffic, parking, traffic; did I mention traffic?

Dec 29, 2015
Beneteau 473 Mukilteo WA
Len, Thanks for the offer. I tried calling the number provided and it is not in service. Looks like not enough digits.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
I'll probably get a week pass - there are several talks I want to go to. Maybe even get the Admiral out one day on a weekend. I just need a few blocks for the A2 Spinnaker that should be here tomorrow.

May 11, 2016
Hunter Passage 42 Jensen Beach
Hello All,
Mantus Anchors will be at the Seattle Boat Show this year. Please stop by and say Hi! We will be in the East Hall booth 1128
And Terry Cox we can talk about our P-42's. Oh thats right you said something about traffic! :)

Jan 12, 2016
Hunter 410 Ladysmith, BC
Spent all day yesterday at the Vancouver show. It was a really good show, except for some heavy rain in the late afternoon when going dock to dock looking at the new boats.

My two favourite boats were the Lagoon 42, and the Marlow 37. The Dehler was really cool as well.

Spent most of the day at BC Place shopping for electronics, and hydronic systems. Very informative day, and helped us decide which way to go finally with a radar/mfd purchase. We also settled on Espar for heat. 99% of the vendors/manufacturers reps were fantastic and helpful.

The only odd/bizarre booth was Garmin's corporate booth. The lady manning it was from head office. She turned us off when she told us that only Garmin offers forward facing sonar, when we pointed out forward scan exists at B&G, Simrad, etc, she said "oh their stuff isn't any good". I felt really bad for the local guy working with her as her abrasiveness had the effect of driving us, and a quite a few others away. She was the only person we met all day that bad mouthed their competition, whereas all the others were very respectful and often complimentary of the other brands.

The only thing we didn't see on display were the external bowthrusters. It's not a need, but I would have liked to seen one up close as our H410 won't take a tunnel thruster because of the pullman berth and head in the forward most part of the hull.