Anyone building Sharpies on the west coast of Florida to buy??

Feb 7, 2013
Transcat 48 Fla
I might be looking for one if I find the right design. Also anyone know of any Santana 23D boats for sale on the west coast of Florida too. I have sailed on the the 23D before and they are fun and fast. These sharpie designs look fun and easy to sail too. What company makes the sharpies?
This one looks nice

Last edited:

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Sea Pearl. Awesome boat. Lots of bang for the buck!

Jan 1, 2006
Slickcraft 26 Sailfish
I think Sea Pearl or another close design was featured in the sailing press a few years ago. I seem to remember a sharpie (Sharpies feature a hard chine with can dig in and provide lateral resistance and usually a flat bottom) with a cutty cabin in an article about sailing Florida Bay. You should look at some of the designs featured on OffCenterHarbor website. Some are optimized for sailing/camping the Maine islands and would work well for the Florida islands. At the very least the innovative customization of some of those boats is worth the price of admission (Or subscription).
Beaching a boat is all fun and games until there is a onshore breeze and some waves. The boat gets tossed around and your karma is disturbed. You're better off anchoring it close to shore and dealing with the up and down of tides.

Feb 7, 2013
Transcat 48 Fla
Wish they made them a bit Larger to carry more things. I guess the new models don't have any wood in them.