anybody parting out their old venture pop top?

Jan 12, 2017
macgregor venture 2-24 Marble Hill, Georgia
Howdy y'all! I'm new to this forum. I've been out of sailing for a while and looking to get back into the game. My son and i picked up an old venture 2-24 for a song and we're gonna fix at it till it sails again. This old gal is missing some hardware and I was just wondering if any of y'all might know of anyone scrapping out a boat or have extra stuff they're no longer using and if so y'all could steer them my way. This thread could really be for anybody looking for stuff for their baby, or for folks wanting to be shed of stuff.....
Kind of a pop top swap shop!
Much obliged!

Jan 22, 2008
Beneteau 323 Annapolis MD
click on the classified at the top, then gear ads for parts for sale.

Aug 22, 2011
MacGregor Venture V224 Cheeseland
What specifically are you looking for?

The form function and layout of many sail boats are very similar
so you are not bound by any means to parts from a Venture.

Welcome to the forum and your new old money pit....

Jan 12, 2017
Thanks for the welcome, Topcat. My main obstacle (other than a keel overhaul) is the forward support bar for the pop top is missing. The swing up bars are there as is the cabin brackets that hold the forward bars in place. I would also like to find a stern rail (pulpit?). I'm fortunate there is a marine salvage yard nearby that I can pickup a few stanchions and other miscellaneous missing hardware. Also needing a mast heel and new spreaders....

Jan 12, 2017
How do you delete a duplicate thread? Tried to fix my auto correct blunder and duplicated the thread. grrr...