And the...ahem...journey continues

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
dang! $16k from their gofundme site. I'm doing this wrong. This adventure will not end well.

Sumner

Jan 31, 2009
Macgregor & Endeavour 26S and 37 Utah's Canyon Country
I normally don't like to comment on other people's decisions but....

.......... I'd also get out of the expensive marina but for me it would be time to find a sheltered place to put the anchor down and let the system that is building in the Gulf pass. Lot of good places to do that near where they are now.

Also about their plans...

"After that, they’ll sail around the Florida peninsula and up to Merritt Island, where they’re going to do a "bottom job" on the boat and some detail work.

Not sure if they can find an inexpensive place to work on the boat at Merritt Island but right now they are near such a place ...

http://charlotteharborboatstorage.com/

Here is hoping that the rest of their journey is a good one,

Sumner
===========================================================================
1300 miles to The Bahamas and Back in the Mac...
Endeavour 37 Mods...

MacGregor 26-S Mods...http://purplesagetradingpost.com/sumner/endeavour-main/endeavour-index.html
Mac Trips to Utah, Idaho, Wyoming, Canada, Florida, Bahamas

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
5 adults and 3 dogs living on a 36’ Cheoy Lee! That’s what I call a puppy pile!

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
What's most disconcerting about this pair is that they haven't "found" this website. My guess is that they never ask anyone for help, even the dogs that are traveling with them. :)

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
my thoughts on this new generation that takes these adventures is that they get their info from YouTube and Facebook.

Aug 1, 2011
Catalina 270 255 Wabamun. Welcome to the marina
Maybe I should drill a hole in the neighbours dingy and start a gofundme page. 16k Us is enough Cdn to buy a new dingy and a set of black sails, and still have money for beer!

Apr 5, 2018
Catalina Capri 25 Jackson
Hahaha oh this ought to be good. They have enough free publicity now to get a YouTube channel going. Wonder how many bets are going on how long till the next disaster! Fair winds to them!

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
Maybe I should drill a hole in the neighbours dingy and start a gofundme page. 16k Us is enough Cdn to buy a new dingy and a set of black sails, and still have money for beer!
Really? Did my northern neighbors reduce the taxes on beer? If so, I won't have to repatriate Canadian beer this summer when I sail north. ;)

Aug 1, 2011
Really? Did my northern neighbors reduce the taxes on beer? If so, I won't have to repatriate Canadian beer this summer when I sail north. ;)
A nice set of black sails will eat that up pretty quick, but then again, our beer is worth almost anything.

Aug 1, 2011
@jssailem about all I have to say about that nonsense is that the Garhauer stuff has already arrived, so on that front, we're good. Friday or Telegraph harbours are another matter, respectively.