anchor windless h33c

Sep 30, 2010
hunter 33 Hunter Morehead city
Has anyone installed an anchor windless on a 33c if so do you have photos? also what is a limited edition cabin top?

Jan 4, 2006
Hunter 310 West Vancouver, B.C.
Has anyone installed an anchor windless on a 33c if so do you have photos? also what is a limited edition cabin top?
Is the mounting platform anything like a 1999 H310 as shown below ?

I installed a Lewmar V1 windlass this summer under orders from my neurosurgeon. Don't know why I listen to him as he doesn't know the first thing about sailing. Something about my back, if I understand him correctly.

I'm in the process of putting together an installation process for a Hunter (Sailboat Knowledgebase) and it should be complete any year now. The installation is VERY different when mounted with the motor in the V-berth as opposed to in the locker anchor. Although the motor is definitely better off in the V-berth (avoids corrosion) it also leaks.

Let me know if they have similar mountings and I'll give you what I have so far.

Attachments

Sep 30, 2010
Thanks for the reply Ralph but mine is entirely different, I'll post some pic's so you can see what I am dealing with

Sep 30, 2010
No, The chain would then drop in the v birth, I have both a vertical and a horizontal mount like the picture shows so the windless type is no problem just the amount of work to mount it.

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
I have an H37C with a horizontal windlass mounted in the locker, like your picture #3 below. While the anchor locker is probably a little bigger than the 33's, I think it would work on your boat as long as you have enough vertical clearance under the lid. I'll see if I can find some pictures of mine, but here is a similar one:
anchor windlass

Sep 30, 2010
This is what I thought, I was on one of these down in Key west one time and it was a 77. It is very similar to a Raider. I have the side ports like your's but a full trunk cabin. I guess the change was for more head room. The interior is the same though. There appears to be a lot of design changes on the early models of the 33. Mine is a 78 and I have almost finished redoing the whole boat. Planning on a splash March or April, depends on the weather between now and then

Attachments

Mar 6, 2012
Hunter H33 (limited edition cabin top) Bayou Chico
they really are such pretty boats, gotta love those lines, yours seems to be shoal draft, im not sure if they made any of the limited cabin tops with a shoal keel, from what leroy macmillian has told me they were all made with regular/deep keels and all the shoals had to be swapped (with much trouble and headache) by the dealers. he assured me that any cherubini with a standard keel that was never changed from the factory install would be very rare to see any problems with the keel joint since when he got the first order for a shoal keel they had to cut the keel (not sure where the line was drawn) out of the boat and glass the hull back up then install the shoal keel in place, the factory keel just would not come off.

Sep 30, 2010
Yes they surely are When I bought this one my first trip was 1700 miles and I fell in love with it. that is when I decided to completely redo it. It has taken longer than was first figured, do to a broken ankle I hadn't counted on. Now all that is cured and I am back to work on it. Hull is finished and most of the interior; looking forward to splash

Attachments

Feb 14, 2010
Hunter H33C Quincy, MA
'78 vs '81 33

don't mean to hijack the thread, but. . . Bugaloo is that the original bow pulpit on your boat? I have an '81 33, and the bow pulpit is bolted through the toerail as opposed to having a pad and attached to the deck. . . are those portlights original to the boat?

Sep 30, 2010
Yes it is all original, but I am changing as I go, hope to launch in the spring.

Nov 19, 2012
Hunter 33C Jensen Beach, Fl
Bugaloo, did you decide to go ahead and mount a windlass? If so, I would love to see pictures. I am planning on mounting a manual windlass and was wondering if anyone else had overcome the issues on the H33C. I was thinking of splitting the anchor locker hatch with each side hinged on the outside. I picked up a second bow roller yesterday and am still searching for a replacement bow rail ( Irma did a number on mine ). I picked up a used windlass about a year ago and have yet to mount it. But since I am replacing the rail and two stanchions it looks like now it the perfect time address the changes I want to make to the bow.