Am looking for a 310

Mirwin

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 310 Hixson
Hi everyone....
I am new to the forum. My husband and I are interested in buying a 310. We currently are selling our freedom 30 with the hope of finding this boat. We live in the Chattanooga area and I have not seen any 310 s here though we did go to Huntsville where a very nice couple let us look at their boat. I've done the research which seems to be positive. The salon does seem small but after all, it is a couples boat! If any of you know of a 310 for sale, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your help,
Marilyn

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Yacht World has a bunch of them listed. Nice looking boat - definitely a step up from the old Catalina 30 I used to own and love. But why pin yourselves down to one specific make and model? Plenty of other gorgeous boats in that price range (and some are cheaper). Good luck hunting.

Mirwin

Jul 29, 2017
Catalina 310 Hixson
Hello,
We want a boat with open transom, larger galley, roomy cockpit, comfortable sleeping, and a/c if possible. We are limited in size by our club...30 ft to maybe 32 ft.

Any thoughts?
Thanks,
Marilyn

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Hi Marilyn.
I happen to love my 1987 O'day 322 (even better than my once beloved Catalina 30!) No open transom but a nice flip down swim ladder and platform. Roomy and way ahead of its time. A lot cheaper than the 310 and may need some TLC, but good bones.
Others on the forum may have better recommendations for newer (and costlier) favorites.
Have fun shopping.