Alternate auxillary power

Oct 24, 2010
Hunter 30 Everett, WA
Thanks for the post. On our old SanJuan 28 we attached with a mount on the swim ladder. This won't work with our Hunter.
I think I'll think about your solution. The downside I see is it looks like this is a forward only mount. That could still be okay.

Ken

Sep 11, 2015
Hunter 31 Marina del Rey
Actually, it is a great setup. If it is windy, then use the sails. My engine spun a bearing about six months ago, on a windless night. I put up the sales and was making between 0.3 and 0.6 knots. It took me 1.5 hours to dock and docking was especially tricky since there was not enough speed to steer the boat. An outboard on the swim step would have been perfect.

I am curious if a 30 lbs thrust trolling motor would be able to push 10,000 lb boat at at least 1.5 knots.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Could that setup work with a piece of PVC pipe fixed over the throttle to reach the helm so you could switch to neutral or reverse while standing at the wheel? Maybe mark the pipe end with forward and reverse so you don't get confused and accidentally goose it when you meant to stop?
-Will (Dragonfly)