All I Want For Christmas Is ...

Jul 7, 2004
Hunter 30T Cheney, KS
I am looking for time in my stocking.
That, and an electrical system with electric aux motor. But, mostly time.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Ah yes. The older we get, the more precious time becomes. You youngsters. take heed. Hear us old farts!
"Do not squander time for that is the stuff life is made of".

Jan 11, 2014
Sabre 362 113 Fair Haven, NY
I am looking for time in my stocking.
That, and an electrical system with electric aux motor. But, mostly time.

-Will (Dragonfly)
Get a job. When I was working full time I got a lot more done. Now that I'm mostly retired I don't seem to get as much done, but I do enjoy doing what I do more.... :doh:

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
Get a job.
I have a job, just not working for someone else. Working for myself does take a lot more of my time (basically I'm on the clock from the moment I'm out of bed to the moment I crash again). It also has less monetary return, more worry and tighter deadlines.
Thanksgiving for a turkey farmer isn't easy either.

-Will (Dragonfly)

Gene S

Nov 29, 2015
Delphia 37 Tacoma
My two front teeth, my 2 front teeth. No, just heat in the boat. And maybe new Sails.

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
just heat in the boat
Yes Gene... It is that time of year where heat in the boat is nice. I have found that it takes a while to get the boat warm. The heater can be putting out 100 plus air temp, but the boat feels cold until the cushions, and interior bulkheads warm up. Insulation and continual air exchange (warming outside air and bringing it in to the boat) helps. Also warm clothes and a place to go ashore while the boat is warming.

May 20, 2016
Catalina 36 MK1 94 Everett, WA
New standing rigging, and like @jssailem requested an InReach mini, so the wife is more comfortable with long cruises into the wilds of Canada.

Oct 19, 2017
O'Day 19 Littleton, NH
My wife says she's working towards the day we can live aboard and travel the World. I think the idea both excites her and makes her nervous.

Funny how cruising with me makes her nervous but she had no reservations about jumping aboard a boat and crossing the Atlantic when my father was the captain. What's up with that?o_O

-Will (Dragonfly)

Oct 29, 2016
Hunter 41 DS Port Huron
Last night my wife said, "I can't wait for sailing season to start. Only took you 13 years to convince me." I knew she was a keeper. :)
My lovely would rather travel by plane to far away destinations, Rome is next June for a couple of weeks, we are traveling on a pilgrimage to celebrate a dear friends ordination as a priest. While I embrace this idea I would love if she would reciprocate, possibly in time.......... something I have less of ahead of me.

Last edited:

capta

Jun 4, 2009
Pearson 530 Admiralty Bay, Bequia SVG
A LIPO battery bank, monitoring, and charging system. After the small craft watermaker, I believe this is the biggest advancement in comfortable living aboard in modern times.
However, unless there's a lotto win in our future, this is way beyond possibility.
And honestly, at my age, certainly not worth the expenditure.