Air conditioner mounting for an oday 25

Dec 26, 2017
O'day 25 Hales Bar Marina
There was a post on here about a gentleman that mounted a window unit in the front hatch of an Oday25 and had posted pictures. I have been scrolling through the forums and can't find it if someone knows where it is and can post a like that would be great thank you.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Catalina 310 211 Lake Guntersville, AL
This is what my previous owner did. I didn't really care for it but after a season with the boat it is nice to cool off after working on her.

Attachments

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Greg, at about 470 bucks that looks like a great option but there must be a reason we don't see more of them, is it weight or mounting difficulty? At 70 lbs would love to keep one over the hatch for July and August.

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
I've seen motor boats with those on their cabin tops. I think that would be too big on an O'day 25 and the only hatch we have is the forward one for the V berth which I'm sure would foul the jib sheets. On a big boat with say a hatch already installed centerline aft of the mast I could see it.

Jan 7, 2011
Oday 322 East Chicago, IN
Maybe because it is a bit “red-neck” ( sorry to all you fellow rednecks).

I agree with John, if all you have is the forward hatch, may not be very practical. I have a hatch over the main salon that may work.

Greg

JRT

Feb 14, 2017
Redneck is the definition of our marina!