Air conditioner drip solution

JRacer

Aug 9, 2011
Beneteau 310 Cheney KS (Wichita)
AC condensate is "rain water". It is essentially "demineralized" or soft water.

Parts of Kansas are not very humid, so condensate flow is low.
You haven't been in Kansas lately, Toto. Humidity has been through the roof lately. :biggrin:

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
AC condensate is "rain water". It is essentially "demineralized" or soft water.
Yes, it's pure water until it picks up contaminants like dust. Much of the condensation is caused by volumes of air blowing over cold coils. That air has a lot of dust in it and the dust loves to stick to water droplets. Condensate lines have fileters for this purpose, and allowing all that dirty water to collect will make a nice petri dish.

Jun 21, 2004
Beneteau 343 Slidell, LA
I guess it also depends on your geographical area, those "condensators" do not work that well in the Gulf Coast of Florida during the summer.
Mine works perfectly. Clean the filter annually and not a problem in six years. Bone dry bilge, just the way I like it. If there's water in there, I know that I've got a problem that needs attention, because it isn't coming from the AC.

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
I have one of these but I have 2 A/C systems and the fridge, freezer and dish drying closet all empty into the bilge so need less to say, it does not keep up. Still experimenting. Will post something when I have a solution.[/QUOT

We have three AC units. The aft unit is in the stern cockpit locker. That one uses the Mermaid unit.

The other units, along with two showers go int a simple package sump with its integrated pump. You should try that, uncledom.
https://anchorexpfress.com/rule-multi-port-shower-drain-system-24v-98a-24?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI5cmB6Nes3AIVBkOGCh0ExgkwEAQYCCABEgJ4tPD_BwE

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Yes, it's pure water until it picks up contaminants like dust.
I never said drink it.;)
But "soft water", even with dust, had many uses.:)

I never see dusty water in my boat's AC condensate. :)

I guess I keep myAC return air filter clean, keep the Dust from the Gulf of Mexico air out of my cabin, or generally don't worry about my condensate going to my bilge.

Think "out of the box/bilge" ...
Jim...