AFT AND FORWARD HEAD CABINETS

Joaleb

Aug 27, 2018
Catalina 470 822792 Montréal
Hello, we are new owners of a Catalina 470 1999 which needs extensive work. When we purchased the boat in the fall, the inside was all apart. We are putting the pieces of the puzzle back together and I wonder if the owner of a C470 would be kind enough to post pictures (or send them to me by email at leblanc.stdenis@videotron.ca) of the cabinets in both aft and forward heads, with the cabinet doors closed and with the cabinet doors open, so I can see how they are set up and what parts we are missing, if any ?

Any help anyone can provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Joane

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Joane,

Nice boat. FYI, there are few, if any, 470 owners here. There are more on www.cruisersforum.com who may be able to answer your questions. Although this is a great site for many other issues.

For some photos, go to www.catalinayachts.com. Scroll down to the bottom and look for the archived brochures, which will have some photos. You most likely have to register on that site but it's free.

Good luck, happy detecting.

Joaleb

Aug 27, 2018
Thanks for the input Stu. But why are there no 470 owners on this site?

Feb 26, 2004
Catalina 34 224 Maple Bay, BC, Canada
Thanks for the input Stu. But why are there no 470 owners on this site?
Joane,

I don't know for sure if there are "none." There may well be. While there is a "Big Boat" section here, for some reason most of the contributors have what used to be called "mid-size" boats, 25-36 footers. Many have larger ones. But statistically, or from my15 years here in this wonderful community, there just aren't that many.

That's why I made my suggestion for CF 'cuz I know for sure there is one there and active on the forum even though he's just sailed westward across the Indian Ocean! There's a very nice dock neighbor of mine who has one and if he's around when I'm down I'll ask.

Joaleb

Aug 27, 2018
Thanks again. I have followed your suggestion. I’m waiting to be accepted and then will see if I can get someone to help. Have a good day Stu.