advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 7, 2012
Kittiwake 23, Irwin 43 .. Indianapolis / indianatown, fl
hello

I recently had a trajedy with my Mac25... shroud fastener broke and my mast toppled, bent, then broke in half... also there is some deck damage.... I have been looking to repair it and find another mast... but I have found a 1974 Ranger 26ft sailboat for less than the price to fix my Mac25....

have never sailed or been on a Ranger... can anyone give me some advice on its good points and bad points... is it a fast sailing boat ?... how much head room does it have inside the cabin ?... how tall is the keel ?... does it have an inboard or outboard ?... is the mast easy to step ?... is it considered a trailer sailor ?.... does it have a galley and head ?...

these are just a few questions I have..

sincerely
Jess

Jun 9, 2008
- -- -Bayfield
It is a great sailing boat. Great design, but not trailerable because it has a fin keel. But it will sail to your delight, actually. It was designed by the late Gary Mull.

Apr 20, 2013
Hunter 25.5 PORT ARTHUR
have a ranger 26-2 which is a trailer boat according to the literature. it too was designed by Gary Mull. I also have a Hunter 25.5 and the hardware is no comparison between them. Can you look at the boat? if so most of your questions will be answered. Definitely would not buy it without checking it out. I will sell mine with the trailer for $3000. so now you have a base to go with.
let me know what you find. my e-mail is Michael.givens@att.net

Status
Not open for further replies.