Advice on cutting a hole here?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
$600? No thanks, I'll just make sure I flip the switch over solidly, there's nothing that needs fixing.
Apparently, like most men, you don't know how to shop! The best manual toilet on the market today is the Raritan PH SuperFlush, which unfortunately isn't available yet from the sbo.com online store, but is available from Defender for < $300. Defender PH SuperFlush Toilet
It uses the same PHII pump that's been top rated for decades (keep it lubricated and put a rebuild kit--about $60--in it every 5-6 years and it'll give you 20-25 years of reliable trouble-free service), but has a redesigned base that makes it a "plug and play" replacement for the Jabsco manual...except for the flush water intake hose...that's on the front of the PHII pump, which may require a new slightly longer 3/4" inlet hose.

Spend a little more to replace your Jabsco once...or keep paying and paying for Jabsco parts and pumps--which, btw, are all made in Mexico now with parts and components sourced from China and other Asian countries.

Last edited:

JosefR

Sep 18, 2016
Catalina 30 Gulfport, Mississippi
That'd be a great argument if they only lasted a month, but they still last for years. But I'm not gonna pay even $300 and a bunch of work to replace something that works. Maybe next time it goes out...if it still own the boat by then.

Last edited:
Sep 14, 2014
Catalina 22 Pensacola, Florida
Gender of shopper has no bearing on the issue. Women are just as dumb on shopping as some men.