Adler Barbour Freezer Compressor Replacement

Jun 2, 2004
Beneteau 393 Lake Texoma, Texas
Just checking to see if anyone in the group has replaced their Adler Barbour freezer compressor. I have a 2004 393 and the compressor finally gave up the ghost. According to Beneteau, the original compressor was an IC101 model, but searches of similar units now shows it to be a CU-100. Just checking to see if these two units are indeed compatible. I must admit that I was blown away by the price of these replacements, as I can head down to the neighborhood Home Depot or Lowes and buy a full size, double door fridge/freezer for the same or less money. After 25 years of boat ownership, one would think I am getting use to insane pricing for boat parts, but...

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
The danfoss compressor is a very sophisticated piece of equipment. Exceptionally efficient given you are powering it with batteries. Not sure how it works but the power is converted to 3-phase to manage the compressor output. How do you know the compressor is the problem and not the system control box? The compressors are very robust. In any case take your support questions to Dometic or even better, Richard Kollman.
http://www.kollmann-marine.com/