Adding a head to Hunter 260

Kermit

Jul 31, 2010
AquaCat 12.5 17342 Wateree Lake, SC
How do you fit a Thetford 550 MSD under the vberth of a Hunter 260? My vertical height on the Hunter 240 is only 13.5". Is the 260 much bigger?
You don’t put it under the v-berth. You put it in the bathroom.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
I received a private message and if anything can be done, I will ask the poster to respond back what he does. Waiting on a photo of the area and height from floor to cabin cieiling in that area. Have suggested an additional bottom holding portion tank purchased from the mfg. Peggy Hall was kind to suggest the pump out style but head room may prevent that. I have already sent Peggy a private message for her additional help which I respect.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
@TraylerSailor
This gentleman owns a 240 with a lower ceiling. I received a private message and asked my dear friend, Peggie Hall, whose valuable information was handy based on a headroom of 1 foot 3 inches when the poster said it was 1 foot and 5 inches from the top of his head to the interior ceiling for her valuable response.
@Peggie Hall HeadMistress said:
A 2.5 gal portapotty holds 25-30 flushes, so 2-3 days is about right for 2 people continuously aboard. That size is also available as an MSD version, but it doesn't solve his need for more capacity.

However, it's pretty obvious that he hasn't actually checked the dimensions of the larger 5-6 gal MSD potties, he just "feels' they're too tall. I just checked 'em... the dimensions of the Dometic/SeaLand 970 series, the 5.5 gal MSD version is 15.5" tall, only 3" taller than the 2.5 gal model (see page 7 http://productimageserver.com/literature/ownersManual/37729OM.pdf) leaving him a full foot of headroom. The Thetford 550P MSD (see dimension in this Defender listing Thetford 550P MSD on Defender ) is an inch taller than the SeaLand, leaving 11" above his head. How much more headroom does he need??? Either one holds 50-60 flushes, doubling his current capacity AND providing the convenience of being able to pumpout instead of having to carry out.

If that doesn't suit him a second tank is the only alternative I can think of, but it would have to be the same brand/model as the one he has and depending on the age of his boat, may or may not still be available.

Hope this helps...Happy New Year!
--Peggie

My thanks to Peggie for her time and research into this matter. Peggie, may you have a blessed and wonderful new Year