Adding a Anchor Davit

Oct 30, 2011
Hunter Cherubini 27 Mason
I would like to install a Anchor Davit to my 1984 H27. Problem is that the Fore Stay attaches only a few inches back from the very tip of the bow. I assume I would also have to install a pulpit of sorts to mount the davit to. Has anyone installed a anchor davit & bow pulpit on their boat with the forestay so close to the point of the bow. Any sources for a pulpit?

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
What Claude shows is a pretty common combination of forestay attachment AND bow roller. Whatever you install make it stout and overbuilt, there are a shocking number of builders and suppliers selling weak, flimsy bow rollers. These things take tremendous loads...and you don't want them taking your rig down with their failure.

Apr 27, 2010
Hunter 23 Lake Wallenpaupack
I have used the Hayn Hi-mod swageless fitting on my H23 forestay, and it is not that hard to install. You have to be careful you lay out the outer layer of wires in the fitting as instructed, but it is not that difficult. Plus, if you ever need to replace the stay wire, you can replace it yourself.

Jan 24, 2009
1981 Cherubini Hunter 27 Shipwright Harbor Marina, MD
OldTownH27 (1).jpg OldTownH27 (4).jpg OldTownH27 (7).jpg OldTownH27 (8).jpg
Here are some of another H-27 that I took for reference. I'm assuming it's through-bolted with washers or a plate underneath in the V-berth.