Accessing forward throughbolts for stanchion rebedding

May 6, 2019
Catalina 310 0063 Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa
Good day. I am new to the forum. My wife and I have just bought a 310 and need to rebed the forward stanchions abeam the Vberth windows. Can anyone shed light on how to access the throughbolts without cutting into the liner? Thanks!

Nov 18, 2010
Catalina 310 Hingham, MA
Search around the forum. There is another thread with pictures. You need to remove the teak trim and then cut the fiberglass so you can access the nuts. Some posts have them and some don't. For instance my starboard gate stanchion had no nuts and all bolts went into a aluminum plates. On the port side they missed one of the bolts into the plate and it had a fender washer and nut.

May 6, 2019
Catalina 310 0063 Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa
Thanks for the replies! Hoping for the imbedded plates.

Oct 3, 2011
Anam Cara Catalina 310 Hull #155 155 Lake Erie/Catawba Island
Congratulations on your new boat, you will find the best People here-two of the responses you received-one (Jesse) is from the 310 assn. Tech Editor and the other (Curt) is the assn. Secretary/treasurer.
Please consider joining the 310/315 IA through Curt Sawyer and we also have a BOATUS discount and burgees available!
WELCOME and congrats on your new Ownership!

Oct 22, 2014
CAL 35 Cruiser #21 moored EVERETT WA
Congrats on your new Catalina @Good Vibes . Welcome to this great forum. You find answers to important questions and plenty of ideas to help you with your sailing experiences.

We love to see pictures. Your boat would be a great start.

Have fun on this new journey.