About to drop cash on a new mainsail, advice please.

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
The Hunter 260 was taken out of production around 2005/2006 based on a corporate decision, not Hunter. I fought like hell to get it back but to no avail. Enjoy your boats.

Feb 5, 2016
Hunter 26 Phoenix, AZ
I, too, have a 1994 H26 with a saggy boom. I suspect that the sails are original, but I also suspect that she spent most of her life waiting for someone to take her out for a sail. I really do not need anything resembling racing sails on the H26 (I race a dedicated race boat when I want to race). I also do not take her out in too much of a blow, because she is used only for family vacations (the big winds scare some of the crew). However, the sagging boom is really annoying for headroom in the cockpit. If there is a cheap and easy way to keep this sail going for light use cruising, I would rather put the new sail money into family comfort features like a Bimini or cat bird seats .

Did anyone try the bolt rope adjustment trick from the Doc?

Did anyone have success with SailCare addressing this particular problem?

Oct 28, 2013
Hunter 20 Lake Monroe
I, too, have a 1994 H26 with a saggy boom. I suspect that the sails are original, but I also suspect that she spent most of her life waiting for someone to take her out for a sail. I really do not need anything resembling racing sails on the H26 (I race a dedicated race boat when I want to race). I also do not take her out in too much of a blow, because she is used only for family vacations (the big winds scare some of the crew). However, the sagging boom is really annoying for headroom in the cockpit. If there is a cheap and easy way to keep this sail going for light use cruising, I would rather put the new sail money into family comfort features like a Bimini or cat bird seats .

Did anyone try the bolt rope adjustment trick from the Doc?

Did anyone have success with SailCare addressing this particular problem?
I would send it to sailcare and tell them how much you want the boom raised. They will let you know if they can do it and how much it will be before they start. I think you will be very impressed with their work, i have been each time i have used them.

Sam