95 Santana 2023c water tank in the bow??????

May 27, 2013
Oday 23' santa barbara
just bought a 95 Santana 2023c and there is a tank /void/???? in the bow of the v berth forward of the bilge area. it is full of water and i don't think it is supposed to be, it is not connected to the water ballast tank and theirs no access in it except for an 1/8" hole right at the foot of the v, I only know that because water gurgled out of it and soaked my bedding the first night out. does any one know what it is and how to empty it?????

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
It's been fore ever since I was on a Santana, but doesn't it have an anchor "locker" which will take a small Danforth or other similar anchor?

I suspect that you're trapping water in there which instead of draining out, is collecting and draining-into your V-berth area?

May 27, 2013
Oday 23' santa barbara
Yes, there is an anchor locker, and that wound be the only logical way to get that much water in that spot. nothing is obvious upon first glance, but I drilled a hole in the top of the v berth and started pumping out the water. my first instinct was that that space had to serve a purpose other wise it just seems crazy to leave that much space wasted on a boat

SG

Feb 11, 2017
J/Boat J/160 Annapolis
Is there a plugged drain for the anchor locker?

Jun 8, 2004
-na -NA Anywhere USA
Is there an anchor locker drain which is the first culprit I would look at. Can you get to the drain hose inside the boat. As a former dealer I did see and sail that style boat but that was years ago. Sorry but can you take photos inside/outside of that locker?