45CC aft head trickle

Bogart

Mar 13, 2018
Hunter 45CC Queensland
The aft head on Bogart has developed a trickle, in that there is a very small flow while the water pump is on and then the pump kicks in to take up the pressure every 30 seconds or so. Is there a seal/valve at the back of the toilet bowl which is likely to have opened up, or is there a seal/valve at/near the solenoid switch for the fresh water pump which may have deteriorated?

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I'm guessing that the toilet is designed to use pressurized fresh water. If there's a solenoid valve in the flush water supply line, that's the first thing I'd check...it may not be closing all the way. I think what you're calling the "solenoid switch" is actually the flush button that activates a solenoid VALVE. It's that valve that opens and closes--kinda like a faucet on a sink--to allow and block the flow of flush water. It would be helpful to know the make/model/age of the toilet.

Peggie
"If you can't explain it to a six year old, you don't completely understand it yourself." --Albert Einstein

Jun 15, 2012
BAVARIA C57 Greenport, NY
I had the exact same problem. Tried to take apart solenoid valve and clean as per Jabsco's video. After cleaning it still leaked. Replaced with new solenoid valve, problem fixed. On my Hunter 50 valve was located behind panel above seat in aft shower, below ledge. Panel removed with 1 phillips screw. FYI the solenoid valve has clips that hold the water lines. Just pull out the clips on the old valve, insert fittings into new valve and replace clips. No need to remove hoses from barb fittings.

Attachments

Dec 2, 1997
- - LIttle Rock
I'd love to have a higher resolution copy of that photo for my files. If you'll let me have one, I'll send you a PM that includes my email address (no way to attach anything to a PM).

Bogart

Mar 13, 2018
Hunter 45CC Queensland
Sorry for the delay in responding, just having too much fun doing other things.

Pity Bogart's switch/valve assembly was not as accessible - it is under the vanity bench in the aft head, with several hoses in the way.

Anyway, took it out and cleaned it - quite a calcium build up near the diaphragm - worked fine for 3 weeks. Just took it out and cleaned it again. Suspect it will need replacement soon.

Thanks for your suggestions/assistance.
Tony

Jun 15, 2004
Hunter 40 Mount Sinai
I have the same valve and had the “trickle” problem. Diaphragm was ok but the siphon break part of the valve was full of gunk. Cleaning that stopped the “trickle”, something else to check.