423 interior courtesy light......

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
Beneteau 423 Mt. Sinai, NY
At floor level next to galley and chart table, I have small yellow lights. Cant figure where the switch is.... P/O said they are remote activated, however he said he never used them and that there may also be a transom light as well. He said there is a small remote, however the devise does not appear to work. I have not tried to trace wires yet but just wondered if this was a Beneteau install or the original owners..... Thanks!

Jun 5, 2004
-Beneteau Oceanis 51.1 Chicago, IL
A feature across the Beneteau line. The courtesy lights are only operated with a key fob. Do an internet search for Aqua Signal Remote Transmitter. The topic has also been discussed in this forum too. Also check the battery in your fob. Do another search for where the receiver is located on your boat. On my boats, the receivers have been located in the compartment behind the main battery switches.

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
And there it is...... behind battery switches. Had asked about this before and was told some type of remote. Thanks

Attachments

NYSail

Jan 6, 2006
A feature across the Beneteau line. The courtesy lights are only operated with a key fob. Do an internet search for Aqua Signal Remote Transmitter. The topic has also been discussed in this forum too. Also check the battery in your fob. Do another search for where the receiver is located on your boat. On my boats, the receivers have been located in the compartment behind the main battery switches.
Do you know what size battery??

Oct 21, 2020
Beneteau America 46 San Diego
Can anyone tell me if the remote is supposed to control the transom and companion way light as well as two orange lights in the salon? My remote only turns on the two in the salon, they are near the floor, one outside the galley and the other at the base of the nav table seat. I have a 2008 Beneteau 46 if that makes a difference. I was hoping that one remote would control all 4 lights but the companion way light is always on and doesn't turn off when the salon floor lights turn off. Both the transom and companion LEDs are burned out, perhaps because they were always on. I just purchased the boat in Aug 2020 so I am still figuring things out.

May 17, 2004
Beneteau Oceanis 37 Havre de Grace
The 37 has a light on the swim platform step, the conpanion way, and galley. The remote controls them all simultaneously.

Oct 21, 2020
Beneteau America 46 San Diego
The 37 has a light on the swim platform step, the conpanion way, and galley. The remote controls them all simultaneously.
I was afraid that would be the response I get. Unfortunately, I tested the companion way light and it is always on and doesn't turn off with the remote. I can't easily check the swim platform light (both it and the companion way light were burned out) so don't know about that one. Likely they are both burned out because they were always on. I ordered new LED lights to replace the burned out lights but will need to figure out how to make them turn on and off before I can use them. Heavy sigh.