420 Passage CO detectors

Kyanna

Jul 19, 2013
Hunter 420 Passage St Margarets Bay
I just spent a couple hours searching for the inline fuse in the carbon monoxide detector circuit. The manual does not seem to show the circuit in the diagrams. And, I have not been clever enough to find it. Can anyone give me a hint?

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
Are you sure it was OEM installed? My H430 has no such detector.
If it was OEM, I would check very close to the detector or adjacent to the Positive Power source.
Jim...

Kyanna

Jul 19, 2013
Pretty sure they are factory, but possibly not.. There are 3, forward stateroom, saloon, aft stateroom. All on same circuit. I have checked all the obvious places, main 12V bus, power panel, battery connections. I am going to have to start looking behind ceiling panels, etc.

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
There are 3, forward stateroom, saloon, aft stateroom
If one alarms, then all alarm?
If so, there is a third wire. That wire hooks them in series. That 3rd wire, may be your problem. A loose "series" wire will shut them all down too.
Jim...

Sep 11, 2011
Hunter 41AC Bayfield WI, Lake Superior
on our 41 there is a push button reset on the main elec panel, just as there is one for the bilge pump. both circuits stay hot all the time.

Kyanna

Jul 19, 2013
OK. I found it bundled in the loom of wires behind the panel. Still not sure whether the detectors were original or aftermarket. I think they would have to be original to meet ABYC standards. Hiding the fuse is a little cheesy... :what:

Feb 14, 2014
Hunter 430 Waveland, MS
You better check all the fuses behind that panel. I had to buy 8 different replacements for back ups.
Did you find a 3rd wire?
If they are hooked in series, then there are 3 wires.
A test would be to blow smoke into one detector and if all go off then there is a third wire.
Jim...

Kyanna

Jul 19, 2013
No, not in series. They are parallel, but on the same circuit. All working fine now.