37 Cutter water tanks

Manny

Oct 5, 2006
Hunter 82? 37 Cutter Wherever the wind takes me
It's been a while but i'm back - I hope everyone is doing well! Just before the new year I became the owner of a new (to me) 37 cutter. I have a bunch of questions but will separate them out instead of putting them in one posting.
For the water tanks since one is in the port settee in the cabin, and the other in the starboard settee, is there some sort of valve to switch between tanks? Or are they interconnected by hoses and the water levels just balance out as you fill from either side?

Thanks!

Manny

Jun 8, 2004
C&C Frigate 36 St. Margarets Bay, Nova Scotia
There is a 3-way valve to select port or starboard tank under the first floor board forward of the grate at the bottom of the companion-way steps...or at least that was how it was originally. Many of us have modified the fresh water plumbing over the years.

Manny

Oct 5, 2006
Hunter 82? 37 Cutter Wherever the wind takes me
Thanks Jim. I'll try and get down this coming weekend and look for that valve. I've had that board up but didn't notice a three way valve. When I bought i found that the water system hadn't been winterized. I have a feeling the starboard tank may be full, the boat has a bit of a list to starboard which a full water tank may explain.