322 Stove Mod to fit Microwave

Jul 15, 2014
Oday 322 Freeport, Bahamas
In decades of boat ownership, I never used an oven. On a 322 I couldn't find a good spot for a microwave. I solved it.
I removed the entire stove/oven then removed the outer casing (screws was easy). Then I took a grinding disk and cut off the entire oven section. I closed off the propane lines to the oven burner.
I reattached the outer casing and fit 1/2in ply across the bottom. It gave me a perfect spot for my microwave plus one more small shelf. From start to finish 90-minutes.
Job 2 - I wanted better engine access from the port side. Cut an access hatch from the head. Quick and easy.
If I could find how to attach a couple of pictures I would.. All I see is create albums and media.If you want a picture just ask bahama.sailing@g...l.com

Jan 2, 2017
O'Day & Islander 322 & 37 Scottsdale, AZ & Owls Head, ME
Would love to see the pictures but that email address doesn’t work.

Jul 15, 2014
Oday 322 Freeport, Bahamas
In the aft cabin hanging locker (on the 322) there is an AC junction box.
Another great mod was changing the hanging lockers over to shelves. I painted the insides of the lockers white and added two white shelves in each. You can get three times as much on shelves as on clothes hangers.

Feb 22, 2010
Oday 322 Delaware River
I am posting the pictures discussed by Tanqueray for the convenience of everyone, with his permission.
Happy New Year all.
Andre

Oday 322 no oven conversion.jpg
Oday 322 engine access.jpg