31, 34 & 37 cabintop windows

May 18, 2016
Beneteau Oceanis 31 Grapevine, TX
Both a friend of mine and I have boats with cabin top windows that have broken. We are about five slips apart and both are 2010 models. The break is a vertical line as opposed to a shatter. Both were apparently the result of UV exposure and not impact.

Anybody else have this happen? Anybody ever replace one? Curious how to hold it in place while the sealant sets as it is just glued to the side of the cabin top with silicone sealant. I can't see any way to clamp it in place other otherwise keep it from sliding down as it sets.

Gunni

Mar 16, 2010
Beneteau 411 Oceanis Annapolis
Jim;
This is a great question for whichever dealer BeneteauUSA says your local dealer may be. Bottom line: should not be happening.

May 18, 2016
Agreed should not happen. Boats are both almost 7 years old and out of warranty. Doubt Beneteau would do anything.

In researching a fix, I've found out that the windows are plexiglass which can break due to thermal expansion and contraction.

And, to add insult to injury, Beneteau charges $2800 for a single replacement for the 37.

Apr 28, 2017
Beneteau 321 Oceanis Lake
Have 321 with window in the front looking forward. Window has popped out and I have tried several products to hold it in place recognizing the appropriated curing times. Days later one end or the other will pop out. Any
ideas products to use. Beneteau has been no help.

May 18, 2016
Last edited: