3-blade prop for '83 O'Day 28

RBilly

Jun 18, 2014
Oday 28 Midland
I have an '83 O'Day 28 with Universal 5411/M15 2 cyl diesel (11hp) with a 2 blade Michigan Sailer 12" dia x 11"pitch prop. Is there anyone out there with same boat and engine that has a 3-blade prop? I've looked into the Campbell Sailer 3-blade.They recommend a 12" x 7" pitch.
Anyone have a Michigan Wheel Sailer 3-blade on same boat? If so what dia. and pitch?
I sail on Georgian Bay.
Fair winds.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Most everyone here reads the ask all sailors forum. Posting twice makes it less likely for you to get the information you are looking for in a coherent form. You may want to remove your post here ad not everyone follows the oday forum and you will get more answers on the ask all sailors forum.

Sep 23, 2009
O'Day 34-At Last Rock Hall, Md
Surprised you haven't got more answers yet so I ll take a stab. 11 sounds too high. I have a 9 inch pitch which maybe too high for my rig as we get to hull speed well below max rpm. The Cambell sailor prop has a loyal following but I prefer the lower drag and lower cost of a conventional 2 blade. No perfect answer, thats why we have so many choices. Hopefully some prop expert will join in.

RBilly

Jun 18, 2014
Oday 28 Midland
Thanks njl. We'll see if any other O'Day 28 owners chime in. No sailing here anyway until May.